Chapter 5

"So where exactly are we going?" Dad and I were standing on the top of our apartment building. Dad came back into my room after our conversation, and told me to pack a bag of clothes and necessities. I packed a pair of black leggings, several pairs of shorts, some tank tops, a couple long sleeve shirts, and a few short sleeve shirts. I also packed a pair of flip flops and tennis shoes. I wasn't sure how long I was staying or what the weather was supposed to be like, so I just packed for whatever. Dad just took my bags and put them in the lobby of the building and someone was supposed to pick them up later.

"I'm going to take you to Mount Justice. We are just waiting for Batman to give us the okay and then I'll fly us there." He was just staring out at the buildings surrounding our apartment building, not really focusing on anything. How was he supposed to get in contact with Batman?

"Wait, you're gonna fly us to the Mount Justice place? How does that work? Do you just carry me?"

"Yeah, its not that hard. I do have super strength I think that I can handle a little extra weight." He chuckled to himself at his little joke. Suddenly he reached his hand up to his ear and pressed down. "Ok, Bats, we're on our way." He looked back at me, "Batman says that we are cleared to leave."

"Um, okay," I shuffled from one foot to the other. I was pretty nervous, and dad hadn't really told me that much about what was going on. I knew that he was hero and I had to go meet Batman and some other heroes. I knew that I was probably not going to go back to my school, and I wasn't going to see my old friends anymore. I had no idea where this 'Mount Justice' place was. I was just planning on winging the whole thing.

Dad could sense my nerves, "Hilary, it will be fine, don't worry. I will be there the whole time, just be patient while we figure out this whole thing, ok?" All I could is nod. He just picked me up and we the building.

It was the coolest thing ever. It wasn't like flying in a plane, it was more open and free. I loved it.

*********

"Hilary, we're here." We had been flying for about a half. The time flew fast because I was mostly looking at the beautiful scenary and how tiny the world looked for up in the sky. It turns out that we were in Happy Harbor. I had been here one time with Max. She and I went to the beach and shopping. It was only 5 hours by car. It also turns out that Mount Justice was the mountain right by the water a little ways down from the beach we visited.

When dad landed in the forest right at the base of the mountain he put me down. I have to say that flying and being carried at the same time wasn't exactly a picnic. It was a really uncomfortable position with him only supporting my shoulders and knees, leaving my butt and lower back hanging down. I was so afraid that he might accidentally drop me, but I knew if he did that he would catch me. I was so releaved when he put me down though, and when he did I reached down and touched my toes, trying to stretch out.

"So, how exactly do we get in?" I was looking around and all I saw was solid rock wall and trees.

"You'll see, just keep close." He started walking towards the rock wall. As he got within 5 feet of the wall, it suddenly sunk into the ground and revealed a wide and long hallway.

"Recognised: Superman 01 (N/A I guessed on his ID because I went back through and couldn't find it, sorry) ," a robotic voice said as he passed through a large beam of light. "Recognised: Hilary Kent B10," the voice said as the beam passed over me as well. (N/A sorry if someone already has Hilary's ID number)

We continued to walk into the underground hallway. It was dark, and the walls looked like they were covered in made of some sort of shiny dark metal.

"Good afternoon, Superman and Hilary Kent. Welcome to Mount Justice." A red robot with a cape stood at the end of the hallway. I recognised him as Red Tornado. The end of the hallway opened into a huge cavernous area. The area had a huge platform with some two circular alcoves in the wall which appeared to go no where. It also had several other hallway branching off from it.

"Good afternoon Red Tornado, this is my daughter Hilary, but you already knew that. Where is Batman?" Suddenly the hero in question stepped out of the shadows and into our light of sight. I immediately felt scared. I knew that he was supposed to be a good-guy, but he was so intimidating with his stern and emotionless expression.

"I'll call in the team, we need to introduce them to Hilary." When my dad said this, Batman glided his way towards my dad. Superman seemed very relaxed around the dark and silent man. "Hilary, we can't introduce you to the team as my daughter because it compromise my true identity. They shouldn't press to know your identity, but if they do please direct them to Batman to answer their question." I knew fully well that if I said that any person that asked would immediantly drop the subject with the idea of having to ask the dark man a touchy question. "The story is that you are a target of LexCorp and we are sheltering you here. Here is your new cell phone, it is fully encrypted, has a GPS, and all important contacts. I expect it to be used in case of emergency only." He handed me a thin piece of glass, I barely believed that it was a phone until it lighted up with my touch. "It also is biologically locked so only you can unlock and use the phone." Cool. I slid my new phone into the waistband of my shorts.

"So how long am I going to be here?" I wanted to know how long I was going to be away from my old life. "Am I allowed to email my friends or something to let them know that I am okay?"

"Negative. And no contact with the outside world." The darkly cowled man said the cold words with such precision that they sent me into a stunned silence of the blutness and rudeness.

Suddenly I heard several voices chattering from one of the shouldering hallways of the main room. It was time to meet the team.

*******

Author's Note: Okay guys, I am so sorry that it took me this long to update. I didn't really realise how busy I would be this summer. I promise to do my best to update way more often. So sorry guys! I hope you all are having a good summer!

Thanks for reading!