𝟎𝟎𝟎. prologue

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐌 heard screams every day, pain and suffering evident in them, heart wrenching shouts of mercy and maniacal laughter

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐌 heard screams every day, pain and suffering evident in them, heart wrenching shouts of mercy and maniacal laughter. If you lived in Ketterdam, you need to be prepared for these screams, you need to be prepared for fights and the people that live in Ketterdam are the for the strong, the feisty, the cold blooded, Leila Darya learned that the hard way and she survived, standing tall.

The streets of Ketterdam taught her to sleep with a dagger beside her bed, to live in an alert state, always be on your guard. She learned to fight and slithered into the shadows like a viper, so much so that Ketterdam itself called her the Viper. 

Ketterdam was her mentor, she had learned so much since she was unfortunately abandoned by her family, thrown in a ship to Ketterdam. Since the day she woke up on that ship, her world had undergone a major transformation. 

The armour she had built from her scars laid like a protective silk garment draped over her flourishing face, Leila, the night beauty. 

Leila Darya was the Viper of Ketterdam, the assassin of the Barrel, the one that was feared by many, and she had done that on her own, no one by her side, no one to give her orders, just her and her instinct. 

Leila had become the assassin of Ketterdam, the one that was hired by many men and women of power, who were too full of themselves or too much of a coward to do the dirty job. 

However, Leila would carry out what she had to do considering the high payment she had requested and received enabled her to keep her views to herself and focus solely on her job.

She was never liked by the other side of Ketterdam, the side of the people she'd be hired to kill, the gang members whose boss was beaten to death, the political figures whose associates were stabbed or the mere people who she stole from, information of the highest profile stolen under their noses, no one knew how she'd do it.