𝟎𝟎𝟒. astounding plans

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹  𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 put some sense in Kaz Brekker's mind

𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐋𝐀 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 put some sense in Kaz Brekker's mind. The Bastard of the Barrel had officially lost his mind or that was just Leila's thinking, to him, Kaz had made a decision, maybe not a smart one but one out of spite. He was going to get that one million kruge, and he intended to do so until his last breath.

Leila was never expecting this, this wretched situation, this vile plot twist. Kaz was aware—of course. He knew she was afraid, now more than ever, first it was Pekka Rollins and now a Saint, the Sun Summoner. She knew that even if this was not real, this was a death wish.

She was now going to kidnap a Saint. A real-life Saint, and Kaz Brekker would be dammed if he thought she would comply, was he stupid? He's gotten himself a dead-end and Leila would prove this to him. 

She was currently sat with Jesper and Inej, at the bar. The crow club was still as full as ever, the people of Ketterdam seemed to not have a bedtime. The barman was occupied by a group of men, screaming their orders at him, others were waiting for their turn and some others were just sitting — their drinks in front of them.

Jesper, Inej and Leila sat at the very end of the bar, their thoughts consumed the heavy silence surrounding them. They were all thinking of the same thing, Kaz's promise of plans due this sunrise. They knew it was crazy, even for someone as smart as Kaz, this was crazy.

Leila sucked in a breath, the silence was suffocating her, and so she wondered out loud, "Alright, that's enough, we are all thinking the same thing, Brekker is making a mistake."

Jesper looked up from his drink, eye bags more visible due to his lack of sleep. He said, a smile on his face, "Well, it is Kaz, he might pull it off, he's done it before. Plus, we all love a good heist don't we."

Inej and Leila shared a look and turned to Jesper. They had to speak to Kaz, Leila couldn't just sit around while he was signing away their death certificate and she was not going to lay beside him in a grave.