An Encounter

small TWs for vomiting and a small reference to eating disorders

It had been about a week since Tommy had been at Techno's. Around the third day Techno had finally let Tommy out of the room, although he had to stay within Techno's sight. Nor could he go outside. It was... a little unnerving.

But something inside him told him it was safe. He wasn't sure what exactly.

Techno had given him a few things to do around the house, like wash dishes or clean up a little. Most times he'd comply. But other times he'd whine and complain. And it's be like old times. Tommy liked those times the best.

Today however, as usual, he woke up to be cuddled by Techno. Tommy's room was nearing it's completion, and soon it'd be done and ready for Tommy to sleep in. Although both of them knew Tommy would barely use it.

Tommy was near constantly coddled by Techno. He wasn't quite sure why. Maybe because he felt like he was the same old tortured kid he found in his basement that night. But he didn't need that kind of protecting anymore. Soon he would see that.

I mean, he was still hurt, he was still traumatized. But he was much better than he had once been. He was proud of that change. He hoped Techno was too.

Tommy shuffled out of bed but was stopped by Techno. Techno got up and stretched, then let out a low rumble, pulling Tommy close.

"Techno." Tommy mumbled.

"Hm?" Techno hummed.

"I would like to start the day please" Tommy said.

"We can do that later. We have all the time on the world." Techno mumbled, resting his chin on Tommy's golden hair. Tommy hesitated, but complied.

"It's okay not to start the day right away. It doesn't make you lose any progress." Techno hummed. Tommy curled into the reassuring words Techno spoke. Techno lifted his chin off of Tommy's head, and pulled Tommy into his lap.

" 'M still sleepy.." Tommy mumbled. "Do you wanna go back to bed?" Techno asked. "No. Well I mean yes- but it won't last long. I wanna get up and do stuff." Tommy said. "Okay." Techno said.

"First though.. can we talk a little?" Tommy asked. He was terrified to continue. But nothing would say it for him. And nothing would change if he didn't. So he went on.

"What is it?" Techno asked. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"A little... you keep treating me like I'm the same traumatized kid you found in the basement that night. I don't need that kind of protecting or reassurance anymore. I can handle myself." Tommy said.

"I know. I mean, you're still the same kid. But you've changed. You've healed. I'm proud of you." Techno said. Tommy knew there was more. "But just because you don't need it, doesn't mean you shouldn't have it." Techno said. Tommy liked that answer.

"I hate this." Tommy said.

"Hate what?" The piglin mumbled

"I hate how we can never be the same. I hate how it's not as simple as it was before." Tommy explained.

"And that's okay. Sometimes change is a hard thing. Do you want to get up now?" Techno asked.

"No.. I want to stay like this... at least for a little while." Tommy said.

And that was okay.

Around ten minutes passed, Techno and Tommy had just stayed in bed, Tommy was cuddled up into Techno, and Techno was holding the boy, playing with his hair.

Soon the second alarm sounded, and so they decided it was time to get up.

Tommy started on cleaning the floors and Techno started on breakfast. Around thirty minutes later Tommy had finished the living room and bathroom floors, and Techno called him for food.