Why?

Warmth.

Warmth is what Tommy felt.

What had happened to the freezing cold of his old room? What happened to the twists in his stomach?

Tommy suddenly felt a low rumble against his body. Tommy felt calm.

Calm.

He fluttered his eyes open and the light overtook his senses. It was so bright. Too bright.

What had happened?

Tommy remembers Ranboo. Ranboo had visited. Then he remembered... oh.

He had screamed at Techno and stormed down to his old room.

His stomach dropped.

He felt so so terrible. He had screamed at his own brother.

He gripped onto Techno's shirt and began to sob. He sobbed so much.

He felt horrible. He was horrible. He yelled at his own brother. He's so terrible. He's a terrible brother. Techno doesn't deserve him. No wonder he left him. Techno was probably just keeping him out of pity that he couldn't properly care for himself.

He was just a terrible- stupid- pathetic-

There was movement.

Techno had sat up.

Oh no no no no- Techno was going to laugh right in his face-

"Breathe."

Did Tommy hear that right?

"Theseus. You're spiraling. Just breathe. It's okay." Techno hummed.

Tommy took a deep breath through sobs. He clung onto Techno as if it were the end of the world. As if Techno would change his mind and abandon him again. Leave him to rot.

Techno hummed and let out a chuff, pulling the boy closer and rocking with him.

Tommy started to calm down as soon as low rumbles began to escape from the older. And soon enough he was wrapped up in multiple blankets, each one of them smelling like Techno.

His head started to get foggy, but he pushed it back.

Tommy sniffled once, and the tears had stopped.

"There we are Theseus.." Techno said, wiping the remaining tears from his cheeks.

Techno holds him close, gently running his hand through the golden curls of the smaller boy's hair.  

Tommy begins to mutter something. It was quiet, almost silent.

"Why?" Tommy mumbled quietly.

"What was that?" Techno asked. Barely able to hear the boy.

"Why did you do this?" Tommy mumbled, louder this time.

"What do you mean?" Techno asked curiously.

"Why did you take me? Take me away from my home, my friends, everything." Tommy muttered, curling into Techno.

"Theseus. I've told you. I can't stand seeing you hurt. Letting you leave was one of my grave mistakes." Techno said.

"I-" Tommy was cut off before he could say anything else.

"I thought about you for months after Doomsday. And I'd have nightmares too. About that look on your face during it all. About how you nearly panicked multiple times. I felt horrible. I thought I had been angry, maybe I was. But in all honesty, seeing you hurt was the last thing I ever wanted to see." Techno continued.