Avoid (Err)

The night was awkward. Error barely touched Reaper as it dragged on. Reaper barely touched Error. Error knew Reaper was punishing himself, and a part of him was satisfied with this. He didn't really want to touch Reaper after he let Caedes kiss him. Another part of him wanted to forgive Reaper. Understand that it must've been a shock to see his old life again after so long. Mostly, he was afraid. Afraid of what this meant. What if escaping to another multiverse had been a mistake? What if he lost Reaper anyway? He couldn't get those thoughts out of his head, so he didn't dare touch Reaper. Reaper got up with the baby and he didn't come back to bed. Error felt alone for the first time in a long time. He didn't know what to do but lay there and try to think of what this meant. If Reaper should continue to be punished or if he should try harder to keep him. Error didn't know anymore. He simply didn't know.

💮💮💮

The morning was just as awkward as Suave fetched them for breakfast with the King. Reaper still had the baby, even as they were seated, and Fallacy seemed to take notice. "were the accommodations not to your liking?" Error shook his head quickly. ("no, they were wonderful. thank you.") "n-no, th-ey-ey w-wer-e won-nd-er-er-f-ful. th-a-a-nk y-ou." Error's glitch betrayed how anxious he was and Reaper looked at him with worry. King Fallacy nodded. "well, i will be headed to town today to see about getting you a little shop to earn your keep, by. suave and encre are very good with children, should you need to keep your young one here." Generous. Error felt that this version of him was generous. "thank you... your majesty..." Reaper beat Error to it. Error looked to his husband, searching for... well, he actually wasn't sure. A hint he supposed. One kiss and now Error didn't know his husband anymore. Maybe he would sleep with anyone that looked remotely like himself or Geno. He hated this sudden sense of distrust. "you are welcome. come now, eat. the carriage will be ready when we have finished." The king ordered and Error was honestly happy with the distraction. Maybe time in the market would clear his head.

💮💮💮

Reaper didn't go in with Error, when he went into the fancy red carriage. "i will be staying here with Exist, today... i am feeling unwell..." Reaper told the king, who nodded. "i will have suave take you to your room then. i am certain that when encre hears, he will check on you. he has a good soul like that." Fallacy promised as his son bounced into the tall carriage. Suave was quick to pull him out though. "we are staying, young prince." Error watched as Suave and Jasper took Reaper and Exist away... "you and your husband are having troubles?" Error jumped and turned to the king as he stared intently at him. Error tried to shake his head, but Fallacy wasn't having it. "i can tell something happened. i would like to offer help, if i can. you have a child to think about, after all." Fallacy replied simply. Error hesitated... and decided to put trust in himself. He told Fallacy all about last night, with Caedes. Fallacy looked thoughtful, before giving Error a smile. "caedes is a rash young vampire, but he would never give himself to anyone but mors. you have nothing to fear. your husband will be where i left him when we return." Fallacy promised Error.