Chapter 3

It was Monday. The day everyone hates.

The weekend passed in a blink of an eye and for some odd reasons I couldn’t stop thinking about that android I met. Whatever.

I woke up at the sound of my alarm that I let ring a few times before turning it off. I slowly sat on the edge of the bed, staring into the emptiness for a moment, and then I took a deep long breath before standing up.

I did all my routine things and went to the living room to feed my little Sumo. I petted her one last time and went outside to get my car. I drove to the DPD and prayed to God for a decent day while I entered the building. I showed my badge to the female android as usual and passed through the electronic gates. I kept my head down as I walked to my desk and saw that android partner of mine sat next to it.

“Good morning, Detective” he greeted me.

I dropped my phone and keys on the desk.

“You’re ten minutes late and-”

I ignored him and walked towards the Cafeteria to get some coffee.

So annoying… What have I done to be his god damn partner?

I sighed as I entered the place and heard a familiar voice coming from behind me.

“Heyy Connor...”

Well, fuck.

“Hey asshole, I’m talking to you!” Gavin said more loudly.

I wanted to ignore him, of course, but I turned around to face him. He only does this because he likes seeing me lose my patience, so if I showed one single sign of anger, it was over. I really didn’t want to start another fight, last time I almost got fired and it always happened for stupid things.

"Bring me a coffee, dipshit" he ordered.

I looked at him, raising my eyebrows a little.

“Wow, didn’t know you were blind now. If you wanted an android all for yourself you could have just asked Amanda, you know?” I replied with an amused smile.

"I don’t need those pricks around me! Now, get a move on!" he shouted.

I decided to play his game and turned around to actually make him a cup of coffee. I heard him giggling and when the cup was ready, I slowly walked towards him. I stood in front of him and threw it on him. He immediately stepped back as he yelled in pain.

“Oh! I’m so clumsy…! I’m so sorry, please forgive me, I didn’t mean to do that!” I replied aggressively in a sarcastic way.

“You... Motherfucker!” he shouted.

And with that he jumped on me, causing both of us to fall on the floor, and we started to punch each other.

It didn’t last long because of the intervention of Officer Tina, who was sitting nearby, and my partner, but I was still able to get a punch in the face, which made my nose  bleed. Didn’t matter though, since I managed to punch him in the stomach, which made him make an hilarious expression, so I was pretty satisfied.

They separated us like kids and I was brought to the bathroom. I sat down on the sink’s border, I crossed my arms and leaned my head on the wall as I watched my partner open a medical kit.

“Alright, I know you’re angry right now but I need you to collaborate, okay?” it said.

I huffed and shook my head in annoyance.

"Listen... I think our relationship started with the wrong foot. We should forget what happened, and start over. What do you say?" it said with a small smile.