Epilouge

One Year Later

"Check."

"Che cazzo!"

A wealthy Italian nobleman was playing chess in the parlor with a young French novelist. Currently, he was losing.

"Watch your temper sir." His butler, Alfredo, called from the kitchen.

The man rolled his eyes and made his move. "Your turn."

"Checkmate."

"Porca troia!" The man threw up his arms and leaned back in his seat. "That's eighteen bloody games in a row!"

"Are you going to demand a rematch? Or are you going to challenge Koriandre to the game?"

The angel looked over from her seat between the two. "I would not recommend it. No one has beaten me yet. Not even Raven."

The man sighed. "I think I'll just wait until the jester comes home to gain my confidence back."

The girls chuckled.

"Dinner is prepared Master Bruno." Alfredo came in and bowed.

"Thank you Alfredo," Bruno smiled.

Halfway through dinner, the front door opened and a loud, "we're home!" echoed through the house.

Kori was the first one out of her chair, knocking it over in the process. She bolted into the room and ran to her husband. "Richarde!" She bowled him over.

"I missed you too." He said with a chuckle. The rest of the family came into the room. "Welcome home." Raven smirked.

"Baby! Darling! It's been three days! Let me kiss you!" Gar reached for her.

She held up a hand. "No way, who knows where that mouth has been?"

Victor nudged Richarde. "I sense another wedding soon."

At the word 'wedding' Kori grew sentimental. Living in a church, she had witnessed and rang the bells for multiple weddings, but she never imagined having one of her own. Not until she met Richarde at least. The ceremony was conducted at dusk, when the sky was painted a vibrant red. Richarde wore a suit that Bruno had gotten made for him. Kori wore a simple white dress, one that almost touched the floor. Blue ribbon laced the neckline and tied her hair back.

Victor was allowed to conduct the ceremony, despite his recently revoked status. Raven acted as maid of honor, and Garfield as best man.

As per tradition, the announcement of marriage was posted on the church door to notify the town if anyone would object. Richarde and Kori both expected the ceremony to be private, not having close contact to many in the city. To their surprise, the church was full, with the rest of Paris waiting outside.

A rumor spoke of Slaed watching from the balcony. A genuine smile on his face.

"So how was the trip?" Bruno brought the angel out of her reverie.

"Oh, Venice was beautiful. You were right about the master craftsmanship. Those woodworkers know their stuff."

"So did you get it?"

"That and more, come out and look!" Garfield cheered.

The group headed out the door to find a double sized carriage sitting in the drive. It was ornate with 'The Titans' painted on the side. Two horses hooked up to the front to pull it.

"Oh my...goodness..." Kori went speechless.

"I thought we agreed on a simple carriage." Raven raised an eyebrow.