02

"What are you wearing?!"

I stopped walking when my mom grabbed me by the sleeve of my shirt. She aggressively pulled it until I faced her with no hint of emotion on my face. 

"Look at you! You're a mess! You can't be seen like that!" 

"I fell in the pool," I said. That was the truth.

"Whose shirt is this?" Lumapit pa siya nang ma-realize na hindi ko shirt 'yon. "Are you dating somebody?! You're so out of focus, Icelle! How could you win in this state?!"

"No. I just borrowed it," I said in a monotone. There was no use in arguing with her. Mom will always be right under any circumstances. 

Good thing her phone rang, so she had to let me go. Dumeretso ako sa taas para maligo. I took off my clothes before I submerged myself in the tub. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, letting my head fall a bit backward. 

I stayed in the bathtub until all my thoughts subsided. After washing off, I accidentally bumped into Archie. The kid glared at me before going inside the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and went inside my room. 

I tried to contain my anger when I entered my room, and I saw that the door of my closet was not properly closed. I dressed up first before leaving the room to wait in front of the bathroom. I crossed my arms over my chest while slightly tapping my foot against the floor, getting impatient. 

Archie opened the door, and I saw her wearing my clothes. She looked at me like she didn't do anything and just went inside her bedroom. I followed her and opened the door widely. I did not talk. I just started opening all her drawers and cabinets.

"Ice!" she screamed, getting frustrated. "What are you doing?!"

I got a pile of her clothes from her closet and threw them on the floor. Then, I left the room, leaving everything open. I heard her long and loud scream from my room, which would probably attract mom's attention, but I didn't care less. She should learn her lesson. 

"Oh my gosh! You are so annoying! You're annoying!" Archie repeatedly yelled from her room. 

"What did you do, Icelle?" My older sister, Jani, went inside my room while I was blow-drying my hair. 

"She started it," I said, almost rolling my eyes.

"She's very mad right now."

"I don't care." I shrugged. That spoiled brat. 

Narinig ko ang buntong-hininga niya bago sinara ang pinto. Hindi ko pinansin ang mga sigaw ni Archie at humiga na lang sa kama ko nang matuyo ang buhok ko. I just rested for a bit before going down for dinner. It was mom's rule to always be complete on the table during dinner, so we had no choice. 

Nakasalubong ko ulit si Archie pababa ng hagdan. She looked like she wanted to pull my hair. I stared at her with no emotion on my face and didn't move, urging her to do what she wanted, but she just rolled her eyes and went down. 

Sumunod ako at umupo na sa pwesto ko sa mesa. I sat up straight while the dinner was being served by the helpers. It was, again, a stressful dinner. Good thing mom was busy with a phone call while we were eating, so we were safe from her daily judgments. 

"I am finished," I said before putting back my spoon and fork on the table. I also neatly folded the table napkin before putting it just beside my plate. I tried not to make a noise when I stood up and walked away from the dining room. 

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before putting on a facial mask. I left it on while reading a book. I only liked reading thrillers and mysteries. Those were the interesting ones.