05

"Are you finally done running away from home?" 

I gave my Mom the silent treatment and just went straight upstairs as soon as I got home with my things. I heard her following me from behind. 

"Where did you learn how to disrespect your mother like this? I am talking to you." I heard the anger in her voice. I did not stop and just went inside my room.

Nilabas ko lahat ng dirty clothes ko to put them in the laundry basket. Nakasunod pa rin si Mommy sa akin habang inaayos ko ang iba kong gamit. 

"Where did you stay? In that guy's house?" Hindi na niya natiis at hinawakan na niya ang braso ko, forcing me to look at her. "You're not going to answer me?"

"Mom, I ran away because I was so tired of living in this space," I told her in the calmest voice possible. "I am back after finally being able to breathe. Don't make it hard for me." 

"Or what? You're going to run away again, Icelle? I don't think so. You're grounded until I say so."

She went through my drawers to get my car keys and then my wallet. Kinuha niya lahat ng cards ko and my allowance. She wasn't satisfied with that and even confiscated my phone. I just watched her do that, trying to stop the tears from falling. I had to live with this for so long. 

I only felt free when I was staying with Lyonelle. 

"Go to the weighing scale," she firmly said. 

I was back to being a robot. I went to the weighing scale. When she saw how much weight I gained, she immediately told the helpers not to give me food until she said so. She also told me not to go down for dinner and that my food would be delivered to my room. 

She also told me to get dressed and run on the treadmill until I burn seven hundred calories. I did everything she said. Hindi na ako nagreklamo. Hindi na ako nagsalita. She would not listen anyway. 

I got dressed and went down to the gym and yoga room we had next to the dance room, where we could practice our ballet. Nadaanan ko si Archie na nagpa-practice ng ballet. Surprisingly, she had a friend with her, more or less the same age. It was the first time I saw her with a friend. 

When the friend saw me through the glass, she immediately went to the door and opened it so she could greet me. 

"Hello, good morning po. I'm Celestia... Archie's friend." She even lowered her head as a sign of respect for me. I could tell that she had good manners. She moved elegantly, especially when I saw her practicing ballet. 

"Ugh, can you please leave? Don't disturb us!" Archie said when she saw me at the door. I wasn't even inside the room! Dumaan lang ako para pumunta sa gym.

"That's not really a nice thing to say to your sister, Archie," Celestia said, looking back at her. 

My jaw almost dropped when Archie pouted and looked away instead of getting mad that she was told off. How dare this child listen to her friend more than me?! Kids these days.

"You're such a nice kid..." Hinaplos ko ang buhok niya habang nakangiti. "How did you end up with that brat?" 

"What?!" sigaw ni Archie nang marinig ako. 

"I'll leave you to practice. It was nice meeting you," I told her with a smile before entering the gym room. 

I did what my Mom said but went to extra lengths as well. I did extreme exercises until I felt like passing out because I was mad, and there was no way to express my anger. I stopped when my vision was already getting unstable. Umupo na lang ako sa sahig habang hinihingal.