06

"Who are you texting, babe?" 

My brows furrowed when Lyonelle suddenly appeared behind me, leaning while holding onto the back of the chair I was seated at so he could see my phone screen. His hair was still wet, and he had a towel around his neck without wearing anything on top. It was lunchtime during training kaya naabutan niya na naman ako sa may dining area ng sports center. 

"I'm not your babe." Tinulak ko ang mukha niya at umirap. I was messaging Harvey. We were talking about figure skating competitions. 

Tumawa si Lyonelle at hinatak ang upuan sa tapat ko para roon umupo. He had a lunch box with him, which he placed at the table, mukhang sasamahan pa akong kumain. 

"Can you get dressed?" I rolled my eyes.

"Bakit pa? Huhubarin ko lang din naman," he said, shrugging. He had a point. Babalik lang din naman siya sa pool mamaya. I should really just get used to seeing his upper body naked. 

I ate my salad quietly while still on my phone, typing a message to Harvey. He was replying so fast that I could not put my phone down. 

"I'm getting jealous, ma chérie," he said, speaking French. 

I knew it was French by the sound of it. I knew some words... even the one he said! I glared at him, hoping he would stop calling me endearments. I already convinced myself that he didn't mean it when he said he fell for me because he flashed a playful smile after. 

I already got used to Lyonelle trying to get a reaction for me. Maybe that was one of those moments. Ayaw ko namang ibigay sa kanya ang gusto niya. 

Because he played too much, I already had some trust issues with his words. Hindi ko na alam kung ano ang totoo o hindi. 

"It's just Harvey," sabi ko at binaba ang phone ko. He already said goodbye because he had to go for his daily morning run. 

"Oh, what is this? LDR?" he joked, smiling playfully. 

"We're not in a relationship," I hissed.

"Why not?" He looked at me with innocent eyes while chewing. "You should go for it if you like him. What's stopping you?" 

"I don't like him. We're... just talking." I didn't know how far my conversation with Harvey will go. It was always him messaging me first, and I would reply because we promised to stay in touch. I wasn't thinking of anything. I wasn't even planning to have a relationship with him. I was just... trying to make friends. 

"It's called the 'talking stage,' Icelle. That's the stage where you get to know each other first before entering an official relationship," he said without any hint of jealousy or anger in his voice. He was pretty cool about it. Too cool, actually. 

I thought he said he already fell for me? Why was he not affected by the words he was spouting? I knew it. He was just playing with me. 

"Doon din papunta 'yon," he said, laughing a little before putting the spoon inside his mouth to take a bite of his food. His diet was full of protein. 

"Eh, ikaw? Are you talking to anyone right now?" I can't help but ask. 

"You," he even pointed at me with his spoon. 

My eyes widened, and my lips parted. Me? Wait... No. He didn't mean it in a 'talking stage' way... Right? We weren't on a talking stage! We were just friends! 

"Of course. We're talking right now." I looked away and took a bite again of my salad. "What I meant was-"

"Do you want me to talk to other women?" deretsong tanong niya, hinuhuli ang tingin ko. I looked at his eyes, glaring, which made him smile. "Do I have your permission to talk to other women?"