07

"Get up, Icelle. You said you need to leave early." 

Kinapa ko ang unan sa tabi ko so I could put it over my face. I didn't want to get up yet, pero may training ako. I didn't want Coach Avi to be mad at me, although it was her brother's fault in the first place.

"Come on, babe. Get up." 

As soon as I heard that endearment, I immediately removed the pillow from my face and glared at him. He was standing at the side of the bed, holding a glass of protein shake. He looked like he had just come from his morning run. He wore a black jacket zipped up until the base of his neck. Ang aga niyang mag-exercise.

"Don't call me that," I said, standing up. Inayos ko ang higaan ko at tinulak siya paalis sa dadaanan ko. I heard his laugh while I was in the bathroom. 

Lyonelle dropped me off just in front of the village's gate. He already understood that my Mom should never see him. My mom would probably call me names again, accusing me of sleeping around with him. 

"I'll see you later," sabi niya sa akin. 

"No," masungit na sabi ko at bumaba na ng sasakyan. 

I went straight to my room upon arriving home. I quickly showered and sat at my vanity table to do my hair. I blow-dried it and then put it up into a clean bun. I also put gel so my hair won't go to my face during the training. I wore black long sleeves and a pair of black leggings. Wala namang bago. Iyon naman palagi ang suot ko. 

I got my things and went down, finding the driver. "I need to go to my training," I told Mom, who was in the kitchen. It was a good thing she did not ask me anything about last night. 

"You can drive now." Inabot niya sa akin ang car keys ko. "You already learned your lesson. Focus on your training." 

I just nodded and got the keys out of her hand. When I arrived at the sports center, I passed by the swimming pool area. Lyonelle was not there yet. Nilabas ko ang phone ko para i-check ang oras, pero nakita ko 'yong message ni Harvey. He greeted me with 'Good morning,' so I typed it back. Pagkatapos noon, tinago ko na ang phone sa bag ko. 

"Hi, good morning!" bati sa akin ni Coach. I gave her a small smile while putting my things on the bench. "We're going to do exercises first," sabi niya para hindi ko muna isuot ang skates ko. 

We went to the gym instead to do pilates and other exercises. After that, she made me practice my routine in the dance room. I didn't notice that it was already past lunchtime until I saw Lyonelle leaning against the door frame, watching me while smiling. Natigilan tuloy ako. 

"Oh, nandito ka na pala. Bakit hindi ka nagsasalita diyan?" Coach went to him at inabot naman ni Lyonelle iyong paper bag. Pagkain ata 'yon ni Coach. 

"I was mesmerized by your student," pagbibiro ni Lyonelle. "She dances so well."

"I major in dance, stupid," bulong ko. That was literally my college program.

"I'm going to eat at the cafeteria. How about you, Ice?" tanong ni Coach.

"I'm not hungry yet." 

Tinapik ni Coach ang balikat ni Lyonelle at nauna nang umalis. Naiwan na lang tuloy kaming dalawa sa dance room. My phone was connected to the speaker so after the song for my routine, it played other songs that I would dance to outside of figure skating. 

"Can you dance this?" May pinakita siya sa aking video. It seemed like he just searched for it. "I always see this dance."

"No," sabi ko kaagad. Umupo ako sa sahig at uminom ng tubig.