𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐬

"𝘊𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦." 

- 𝘓𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘋𝘦𝘭 𝘙𝘢𝘺

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. The pilots knew it was now or never.

"Daggers now below radar." The aide informed as the jets moved lower to avoid detection from enemy radars. "Switching to E-2 picture."

Cassie dared not to breath. It really was now or never. The pilots approached enemy territory; everything was silent. Still.

"Here we are. Enemy territory up ahead. V drive is sixty seconds. Command chief; dagger one picture." Maverick reported.

Command chief, picture clean. The decision is yours." Cassie anticipated the call preparing herself for the worst.

"Copy." Maverick responded taking a moment to glance behind him at Rooster who was slightly panicked. Cassie took note of this and sent him a sympathetic look.

"Dagger attack." Maverick confirmed and the Tomahawks were released. Making their way to the enemy territory. The command room was silent as an anxious Cyclone and Warlock looked on.

"There is no turning back now." Warlock stated his expression stoic. Unreadable.

"Daggers mission attack formation." Maverick ordered as the pilots manoeuvred their jets into a descending line. Cassie kept going back to the hug she shared with her daughter, how she longed for that now.

"Daggers set. Proceeding to target. Two minutes and thirty seconds in 3.....2.....1....mark." Maverick stated and one by one each pilot responded, entering the canyon. The time had officially started, what they had trained for came down to this moment.

"First S.A.M sighting overhead." Maverick noted and glanced towards them. A ghost of fear in his eyes. "Looks like we are clear on the radar Mav." Phoenix informed glancing up from her own radar. "Ok, lets not take that for granted." Maverick responded.

The pilots shifted their jest from side to side. Weaving in between mountains and trees. More S.A.Ms came into view making Rooster more scared. Making Cassie anxious. "Two minutes to target." Bob exclaimed nervously.

"Copy. We are two seconds behind Rooster. We've got to move!" Fanboy shouted towards the terrified man. "Thirty seconds to missile attack on enemy airstrip." An officer confirmed. Cassie continued to breath and focus. Focus on coming home. Jake nervously listened to the radio. Worried and scared.

"Dagger this is command chief. We are picking up two bandits. Two contacts." Cassie frowned overhearing Cyclone's disbelief. "Where the hell did they come from?"

Phoenix continued to weave. "Command chief what's their heading?" Phoenix questioned. "Bullseye 09050. Taxing south-west." The command chief responded.

Cassie kept her mind focused briefly hearing Rooster talking about bandits not knowing they were there. The conversation faded out of her mind as she focused on her breathing some more. Cassie was suddenly brought to a slowed pace.

"The second those tomahawks hit their base, they're gonna move to defend their target. We've got to get there before they do, increase speed." Maverick orders.

"I've got you, Mav. Don't wait for me." Phoenix states.

"Impact. Enemy runway is destroyed."

"They know we're coming now." Maverick stated Rooster began to slow down with panic.