✰✰ 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ✰✰

"𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘐 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳." 

– 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘻

𝟑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑...

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 was a hive of activity. Cassie hurried around her shared room looking for her heels. Jake had been promoted to Lieutenant Commander. It was major news. Slipping on her black heels, she made her way downstairs to her new home's loungeroom.

Delilah sat on the lounge with a model plane, watching Jake try to tie his tie in the mirror. She sent her family a warm smile. Her home.

As she walked down the oak stairs, Jake noticed her.

"You look gorgeous, honey." Could you come help me with this tie? "I can't seem to get it right." Jake inquired; his gaze drawn to the woman.

Cassie chuckled approaching the man, doing up his tie and adjusting his white uniform before pressing a delicate peck to his lips. Jake grinned as he turned his gaze to the photo wall opposite them.

The wedding photos of the couple were put on the wall. The look of love in their eyes told you everything you needed to know about the pair. Pictures from the mission and family were also posted on the wall from three years ago. Jake wrapped his arms around Cassie and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Come here, Dad, I have something to show you." Delilah yelled from the living room. Jake gave Cassie another kiss on the cheek before responding.

"Coming peanut." Jake stated.

Cassie returned her attention to the photo wall. Like the photo of Bradley and Jake exchanging a handshake. It was difficult for her to believe that once upon a time, those two despised each other. A parallel of the identical shot occurred a few photos across above it. With the exception of Maverick and Iceman.

She laughed at the resemblance before taking one more glance at a photograph of Jake and Delilah. The ideal father-daughter team.

Cassie moved towards the kitchen, getting her purse from the kitchen counter, before returning to the loungeroom and noticing her husband and daughter sitting together on the couch, smiling.

Cassie paused for a moment to think. "Just say we'll bring some drinks." Cassie responded by climbing into the truck's passenger seat.

"Alrighty." Jake replied before gaining control of the vehicle.

Cassie was excited to see the Daggers yet again. After the mission, the majority of them went on to improved things. But they constantly stayed connected. Bradley and Jake worked together most days, and Phoenix occasionally went on missions. Bob continued as her WSO.

Mickey and Reuban went on to work together as well. They did whatever was asked of them. The same was true with Coyote. Every now and then, the entire group got together to catch up with friends and laugh.

━━━━━━━⚜━━━━━━━

Cassie sat in the audience as Jake's name was called, Delilah in her lap. Smiling for her husband and his outstanding achievement.

Off to the side, she noticed the others. Bradley is up on stage, next to Jake, accepting his new rank. She grinned warmly as she enthusiastically applauded the two men.