Mr. Williams

Mr. Williams

I was awoken in a panic because I heard glass. Was it glass breaking? I looked around me and saw that the couch is empty Layla is gone. Instinctively I felt the cushion and felt residual heat. Layla was just here not too long ago. I got to my feet and stood still. I heard in the distance, running water and I began walking over to the kitchen. Layla was at the sink washing dishes. Layla looked embarrassed and I crossed my arms. This was when I realized that I was not wearing a shirt and Layla could see my chest. I didn't mind. In fact, it felt nice to share part of my body with someone else. I knew I loved Layla, but sharing your body can be intimate. I didn't feel ashamed or embarrassed about revealing myself.

Layla watched me walk to her, well part of the way. Then Layla diverted her eyes to the sink of dishes, but I saw her snag a glimpse of me for a brief moment. A counter separated us but I decided to lean over it and rested my elbows on it so I could get even closer to Layla. Layla blushed as I got closer, it was cute to see her this way. Layla looked frazzled but still adorable. "Good morning Layla love. How are you today?" I asked. Layla looked at me, saw me, and then quickly turned her attention back to the sink. "I am good." Layla answered. "How are you?" Layla asked, she didn't look my way. "I am good, I am just a little stiff from sleeping on the floor, but I couldn't be happier," I said with a smile that Layla didn't notice. "Why didn't you sleep in your bed? You have a whole room that is practically been untouched since..." Layla trailed off. "I could ask you the same thing Layla," I responded. I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring up her nightmares yet. I didn't know if she wanted to talk about them. I decided against mentioning her fits in the night.

"I like sleeping on the couch, it felt cozier." was Layla's response. "What a weird coincidence, that was my reason for sleeping on the floor," I said with sarcasm. Layla turned and looked at me again. Layla's eyes dropped below my face for just a moment, and I was eating that glance up.

"You're telling me that your fancy bed is more uncomfortable than the floor?" Layla said with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Fine, you got me there. Why don't we say that I slept on the floor to be nearer you," I said as I picked myself up and started walking around the counter to Layla. I walked close to Layla and could feel her warmth. I desperately wanted to wrap my arms around her waist. I wanted to brush her hair from her neck and kiss it. I stepped forward with my right foot, but I paused. No. I need to go at her pace. Layla must decide these things. I continued the step but kept my arms to myself. Layla turned around and sort of jumped when she realized I was so close.

"I always want to be near you, Layla," I said quietly as we were close enough that she could hear my whisper.

Layla looked up at me. Layla's gaze shifted somehow and her eyes became soft. Layla looked into my eyes and I smiled. Layla then looked down at my lips. Layla returned my smile and her eyes were flooded with loving light.

I felt my knees grow weak and I felt unsteady. Layla made me weak and I would fall to my knees for her. Layla took a step toward me and I held my breath. I was looking down at her and our eyes were locked together. Layla leaned closer to me and I could smell her. Layla smelled like vanilla and I took a deep breath. Layla's arm grazed, my exposed side and I felt goosebumps on half of my body. Before I had time to process everything, Layla was turned around and now had a towel in her hand. Layla teased me. "You could have told me to dry the dishes," I said after I processed everything. I had to gulp down my own disappointment.

"I know," Layla said coyly. Layla teased me and she knew it. I wanted her so badly. I never knew that I could need something or anyone this badly. I took two steps back and had to slow my breathing. I hadn't realized how fast my heart was beating. "Can I do anything to help?" I asked as I turned away from Layla.