19 | Holiday

- ELLINIA - 

It is now Friday, August 5th at 1 A.M.

I am no longer a teenager. 

Not just me, but my twin brother. 

I've never really stayed up this late, but I stay up longer thinking about my life, and my childhood.

The good and the bad, 

How Pab has risen to fame in such a short amount of time, how his best friend has impacted mine. 

I always remind myself that I deserve good things each year, and my birthday is a reminder of that. 

Once I look at the time and I'm seriously thinking of gouging my eyes out, I decide that I should probably get some sleep even if it's only for a few hours. 

I did end up sleeping, and I'm woken up by the sound of firecrackers entering my room, as well as a yelling now 20-year old. 

"HAPPY BIR-"

"Pab, please lower your voice. I'm not even here yet mentally."

He sends me a dirty look before placing the cake on my desk, and sitting on my bed.

"Boring. Happy birthday, Gavira #1. Can you believe it, we aren't teens anymore?" 

I drink some of my water, and eye the cake that is what looks like a berry chantilly cake. 

My favorite. 

"No, I can't believe it. I don't want to."

He smiles at me, and then gives me a side eye, "You forgot to tell me something." 

"I love you?" 

"No." 

"Oh is it your birthday today? I didn't know! Happy birthday Pablo!" 

"Haha. Funny." 

I motion him to come closer, and I give him a hug. 

"Happy birthday, Pab. Te amo mucho. More to us always." 

"Always, Hermana." 

"Oh, by the way Pedri came to drop off the cake. I don't know what kind, but he said it's only for you. There's a note as well. Cheeky little man didn't get his best mate anything." 

He got me the cake? 

"Don't be jealous, Gavira #2. I'm sure he'll get you something better." 

"Sure he will." 

He crosses his arms together, pretending to be mad.

Or maybe he's being serious. 

Men.

I shoo him out of my room so I can get into the shower and start my day.

My day. 

Just before I'm about to go into the shower, I eye the cake once more and decide to read the note that's left. 

To Lina, 

Happy birthday amor. 

Mas para nosotros. 

I hope you enjoy your day, and your weekend even more.

Weekend?

(PS. You'll understand in a bit.) 

Anyways, have the best day, the better Gavira. 

Siempre, Pedri.

I smile at the note and feel a little blush creeping on my cheeks.