I packed my bag and gently tip-toed to Lockwood's room. I left a note by his bedside and gently kissed his forehead. He stirred in his sleep.

I left the room before he could see me go. Now I wanted to rewrite the contents of my note. I had written- 'Lockwood, I thought a lot about what you said. You didn't want me to get hurt in case something happened and I get that. But what you didn't know is how much your words hurt me. You may want it to end before it even started, but I love you, Lockwood. I can't just go back to normal now. So, I'm resigning. Don't try to hire me again. I'm leaving.'

The night was cool. As I made my way to the train station, I realized I hadn't said goodbye to George or Holly. But it was done now. No turning back. I bought my ticket and sat on the bench.
The train left in 15 minutes. I sat and waited.

'Luce?'

I spun around and saw Lockwood, hair rumpled and in a shirt and pants. It looked like he dressed hurriedly. His eyes had lost their spark. He let out a relieved sigh. 'Thank God I found you in time.' He hesitated. 'You can't leave. Not again. Please, Lucy.'

The train whistled. I picked up my bag and headed for the train. 'Luce, please stay. Stay with me.'

'Lockwood, nothing will be the same now. I understand what you said, but I can't stop loving you. You can't just expect me to forget everything... Goodbye.' I sadly said.

' I love you.'

I spun around. His face was desperate, his eyes searching for an answer.

'Y-you do? But you said that-'

'Never mind what I said... I didn't say that I didn't love you. George was right. I have been in love with you since you entered that door. But I don't want to lose you again. Not like Jessica. You left to protect me because you thought you were the reason for my death. But honestly, Lucy, that will happen with you gone... I'm begging you. Stay with me, Luce.' His eyes were watery.

'Gosh, I haven't cried in years.' He chuckled and gave a sad grin. 'Come back?'

I stepped down from the platform, and as soon as I did that, Lockwood took a step forward and kissed me. I was surprised, but my heart was doing a happy dance. I kissed him back. I wrapped my arms around him. His breath felt warm.

I pulled away, red-faced. His eyes were sparkling. He grinned and led me by the hand to outside the station. We walked back to 35 Portland Row holding hands. He opened the door and led me inside the house. He locked the door and gently kissed me again.

'About time!'

George was standing in the hallway, grinning.