Lucy's Birthday Part 4

Lockwood POV

She looked at me with doubtful eyes. Finally, she said: 'Ok. I believe you.' I let out a relieved sigh. 'But why'd you come here? With ME of all people?' I tensed. I didn't know if I should tell the truth.

'So?'

'Fine. It's just..some cheap-ass pendant isn't good enough. I know it. So I thought "A ball? On your birthday? That seems like a good gift" I just planned for...I don't know.....for Hazel to not be nearby or something.'

'Really Lockwood? I loved the pendant. You didn't have to do this. I would have been happy with a diner of all places. Lockwood, when I first joined, you were all I thought about. Hell, you still are! I never imagined...this. I never imagned...us. I still think this isn't real. That necklace is proof it is.'

Wow. She had a thing for making me feel stuff. I took a step forward. She was crying. I brushed her tears away. 'I love you Luce.'

And then I kissed her.

Lucy POV

When he kissed me, I wasn't sure if I should pull away or kiss him back. I decided on the latter. The kiss was nothing like the other times we'd kissed. It was filled with love, passion, longing, and desire. I could feel it.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer as if he couldn't have me close enough. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran one hand through his hair. His goddamn hair. He pulled away, giving me the grin he always kept for me, the one that always gave me butterflies.

'How'd you like your birthday then Luce?' I laughed. His eyes were sparkling.

'I love you Luce.'

'I love you too Lockwood.'

And then we kissed under the stars.