Lucy's Birthday (Part 1)

I woke up. My heart was bustling with excitement. It was my birthday after all. I brushed, had a bath, and changed into a dress Holly had gifted me as a pre-birthday gift. She said that my clothes were "too depressing."

I rushed downstairs. The smell of waffles and bacon was overpowering. I went to the kitchen where Lockwood was cooking. He grinned when he saw me. He spun me around with one arm and kissed me. I blushed. I still couldn't believe this was real.

'There's my birthday girl! Come on, I have to show you something,' he said. He turned off the stove and led me to the hallway. He told me to close my eyes. I could feel something cold around my neck. 'Open.' I looked. It was a beautiful golden locket in the shape of a heart. 'Lockwood I...it's beautiful.' He came in front of me and opened it.

It was a picture of the two of us. 'I seem to have a thing for getting you pendants,' he joked. 'Do you like it?' he asked nervously. 'Of course, I do! Thank you, Lockwood.' Then I kissed him softly. I pulled away. He blushed and pulled me closer to him.

'I love you Lucy' he whispered softly.

'I love you too Lockwood.'

'All right you two lovebirds!' George and Holly were standing in the doorway. It was obvious they had seen everything. 'Time for the real party to begin!'

We went to the kitchen. A cake was on the table with Happy Birthday Lucy written with blue icing. I cut it while they sang Happy Birthday. Right after I cut it, Lockwood spun me around with both arms and kissed me. Passionately. Like VERY passionately. I blushed furiously.

'Hey, hey, hey! People are here!' George exclaimed.

We pulled away, but we were smiling and blushing all the same.

'Gift time!' George had gotten me a book on The Problem, and Holly and Lockwood had already given me their gifts.

Lockwood beckoned me to his side. 

'I got you another gift, Luce.' He said hesitantly. 

'Lockwood...you didn't have to. Really.' I was shocked but happy. He really was a good boyfriend. He showed me an invitation to a ball. 'I...wow Lockwood! I don't have anything to wear though...that old blue dress I wore to the Fittes ball won't do.'

'Don't worry Lucy. I came prepared when Lockwood told me about the ball.' Holly showed me a bag filled to the brim with clothes. We went to my room and tried on a couple. I decided on a silky, loose baby blue dress. Holly helped me apply some makeup. I wore the locket Lockwood gave me. 

'You look great Lucy.' I smiled at Holly and walked downstairs.

Lockwood was waiting, he had flowers in his hand. He looked as dashing as ever. He was wearing a plain suit and tie, but it was obvious he had made more of an effort than usual. He looked shocked to see me( in a good way).

'I...you look absolutely amazing Luce. Stunning.' I blushed.

'Uh...thanks, Lockwood. You look amazing...but you always look amazing so..' He blushed, which was a rare thing for him. 

He handed me the flowers with a smile. He plucked one and tucked it behind my ear. I blushed(again). 

'Shall we go?' I nodded. He took my arm and led me to the cab. It was a half-hour journey, in which we were silent the whole time, but holding hands. The cab stopped in front of a lavish mansion.

 New one tomorrow(maybe)! Hope you liked it