Cold Nights

The night was cold.

Cold enough that no one went outside their homes. The were content being warm inside their homes. The shops all closed, clothes being draped on them. The day was not warm...It was cold. Just cold.

She was cold too.

Nobody saw it tho.

She was cold. So much that even her warm heart was cold as well.

She was cold to him.

She did not want to see him.

She refused to show him and the others how much it affected her.

No ....No! She was stronger than this.

She has always been strong...so much strong that she wished life gave her a chance to be weak.

Why.....Why was it was always happening to me? What did I ever do? Was wishing for happiness never her choice?

She looked up at the cold night, sighing softy.

Maybe....Just maybe ... I might find eternal happiness.

A tear which she was trying to hold back slipped through rolling down her cheeks. Then another followed and another, biting her lips hard to force down the sob that was trying to make it known.

No..it wasn't his fault...it never was....fate had a way of toying with her life...but ... she wished it would just stop!

Subhadra was a great woman...so cute and charming...and even more so....she was her sakha beloved sister! The girl was so loved in Dwarka, everyone loved her. She could not be hated, because she was just that pure.

Maybe...Maybe that's why .....

She closed her eyes trying hard to stop her body from shaking ...the urge to cry out to the open woods and to the quiet night was too tempting.

She inhaled deeply through closed eyes lids and slowly let a breath out, to remain calm...but the breath came out so broken.

It's alright...she was always alright! This was just another test for her. Yes she refused to acknowledge her husband after this. But still she knew never to doubt his love for her.

After all he was also a victim of fate and it's cruel ways.

She was not alright..but she will be.

She will always have to be fine.

Panchali opened her closed lids, staring through the night with strange sense of calmness ..the fire within her wanting to blaze.  Her eyes shone like the day she was born out of fire.

She was going to be fine.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.