Chapter 6: Transplant

Raz woke up in the white space with a start, as if he'd been having a nightmare, but he struggled to remember anything past that boy Kondor touching his shoulder

Raz woke up in the white space with a start, as if he'd been having a nightmare, but he struggled to remember anything past that boy Kondor touching his shoulder. What had he done? Had he transported Raz somewhere? Was he dreaming? The whole concept of Raz being here seemed impossible.
  And then Raz saw Kondor.
  "Do you believe me now?" Kondor asked. Why did it sound like a threat?
  "Dude, what's up with your voice?" Raz kept his cool and scowled at him.
  Raz blinked.
  When he opened his eyes, Kondor was stood right there.
  "Do. You. Believe. Me?" Kondor repeated.
  Raz, unsettled and not wanting to know what was hidden up Kondor's sleeve, nodded twice. Too many nods would have shown fear, but too few would have shown apprehension. Two was perfect.
  Plus, Raz did believe him. He didn't like that he was wrong, though.
  Kondor's voice went back to normal, "Good. We can't stay in your head for too long, because if we do bad things happen. I don't enjoy it when things come to that."
  "Like what?" Raz followed up, when Kondor didn't specify further.
  "Bad things..." Kondor shook his head anxiously. Raz swallowed.
  And then suddenly, Kondor was very, very far away. Raz yelled for him to come back, but he was too far gone. And then the world exploded into light.

***

  Drift waved his hand in front of both Raz's and Kondor's faces. There was no response on either end, just dark eyes. Skye looked at him worriedly and Drift looked worriedly back, before they both turned to the pair again.
  "Wow, so they're really just both out, huh?" Skye asked, after the silence had gone on long enough to become awkward.
  "I guess so," Drift chuckled nervously back, "So... uhh- what do we do? Should we get the Scientist?"
  "Maybe? Or maybe we should just take them back to- AHHH!"
  That scream there was the result of Kondor and Raz suddenly turning to look at them both. Drift had to admit that his heart was pounding a little too. The pair then turned back to face each other.
  "Elaborate, please. What are the bad things?" Raz demanded furiously.
  "Raz, what's going on?" Skye asked feebly.
  At first, he didn't respond. Raz and Kondor just stared at each other darkly, before Raz turned to her and sighed. Drift found himself releasing a breath himself, one that he didn't know he was holding.
  "Let him join. He's right. We need him." Raz sounded defeated in his response.
  Drift and Skye looked at each other, worried more than ever before, before they trained back to Raz.
  "Sure?" Drift nodded. What else could be say?

***

  The lights blinded Lynx as she opened her eyes in the cell. It was a place she'd never seen before. The walls were a pristine white. The floor was a pristine white. The ceiling was a pristine white. However, the door that kept the prisoners in was a murky black. When her eyes finally focused, she realised that people were stood around her.
  Mothy was the first person she noticed. He looked as out of place as ever in his moth costume. But then there was also a woman with bubblegum pink hair tied into a ponytail, and wearing climbing gear. Her outfit was a one-piece yellow and purple tank top and shorts outfit. Stood beside her was a man who looked as if he were made of bubblegum. Or was it Slurp juice? The man stood hulkingly over her, and wore black dungarees with a logo on it that was very hard to discern, and so Lynx gave up trying to.
  On the other side of her vision was a man wearing silvery armour, atop a brown, cloth underlayer. He had a helmet on too, but something about his gaze seemed stony and indifferent. There was also a guy in a gold helmet, with a belt holding up something like a kilt, but was made of brown leather and gold and purple metals. The man was shirtless, and was very muscular, but his feet were scratched as he only wore sandals. Then there was a- a pancake man? Lynx wasn't even going to try fathoming how he came to life. What a random bunch of people. The six looked at her expectantly.
  "Mothy... everyone's... looking for you..." Lynx spoke, but her speech was oddly drawled.
  Mothy leant down, helped her up and then wrapped her in a tight hug, "I missed you guys."
  "Are they here?" Lynx frowned.
  Mothy stopped hugging her, "You mean they're not with you?"
  Oh. So they were now both missing, then.
  "So, um, what's actually going on here?" Lynx looked around at the others, who were still staring, completely lost, "Who are all of these people?"
  And then something smashed through the door. It hit the white wall with a loud bang. The man - or rather the thing - that had done so looked like some sort of PG version of Frankenstein, in the form of an action figure. All of its parts were linked by figurine-like joints, and it moved as if it were made of plastic rather than flesh and blood.
  The thing reached out and grabbed the strange pancake man with his hand, and started to pull him with the kind of unrelenting grip a machine would pull something with. Regardless, he did try to fight back.
  "LET HIM GO!" the shirtless man yelled, "MANCAKE! MANCAKE!"
  "MENACE! GET AWAY BEFORE THEY TAKE YOU TOO!" what must have been Mancake replied.
  And the action figure pulled Mancake from the room.
  The wall to the left of the door seemed to fade (which was odd by itself), and was replaced by a window. The muscular man went over to the window and started to bang on it with both of his hands and begged them all to stop, loudly and violently.
  "What's happening?" Lynx gulped, confused as to why they were all staring frightenedly at the window.
  "I don't know," Mothy whimpered, "This hasn't happened before..."
  The room was like the one they were in, but it also contained a blue chair, like a dentist's chair except it had locks on the armrests, leading to them being less restful places and more imprisoning places.
  There were now two guards, and they shoved and bound Mancake to the seat. He struggled as a laser was pointed at his head.
  And then it fired. It span around his head. And then a claw appeared, and removed the top of his skull and then his syrup-covered brain. Lynx felt like she couldn't breathe. Mancake hadn't even looped. She had so many questions, but all she could see was Mancake's damaged skull, and it enveloped her mind like hands around someone's throat.
  The woman with bubblegum pink hair threw up in the corner and snapped Lynx back to reality. Had she not seen this before either?
  The claw took the brain and it seemed to be taken somewhere, but where?
  And the guards removed Mancake's body from the chair and put in the lifeless body of one of the toy guards. The laser returned, and opened the figure's head like with Mancake's head. The claw returned next, and it placed the strange brain into the figure's brain. The head was welded back on by one of the guards.
  And the thing got up, and the now three figures walked out as if nothing had happened.
  Lynx looked at a hyperventilating Mothy. She didn't even know what to think. What the hell had they just witnessed?

To be continued...