Chapter 15

Adriel

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be, having Leia around now. Don't get me wrong... We've been waiting for this moment to find our mate, but I don't know how to react. Cleo keeps getting on my case about "being too shy and broody." I am not shy or broody. I am just unsure how to handle finding her since I don't want to be too intense. Nero constantly claws to be near her, but I also have responsibilities. I groaned at the thought and ran my hand down my face.

"You should just talk to her," I whispered to myself. It's been a week since we did the clinic tour, and I've only seen her sparingly.

"When are we going to meet her wolf? Can you hurry up and focus on her?" Nero was seriously annoyed with my lack of interactions with Leia and that we still hadn't introduced our wolves to each other.

Ever since we saw her wolf form when she had her run with Nico, Nero has been crying out to see her again. I don't know why I am having such difficulty; she's my mate, and we should be comfortable around each other. Cleo managed to kick things off with Selene so smoothly. I huffed, feeling slight resentment towards Cleo's natural charm. I have only gone to see my parents once because I know Mom will ask a million questions for which I am sure I don't have answers.

It was already midday, and I'd spent the entire time cooped up in my office finishing up the remaining paperwork and tasks needed. I stood up and stretched my arms and back with a yawn. Maybe I should go outside and make rounds throughout the pack? I nodded, agreeing with my thoughts, and started leaving the pack house.

I know Leia has already been out and about with Nico, which made me smile and feel a sense of pride. She is a natural Luna as she integrates herself mostly independently. This will change as of this week, though, since I am now caught up on things and can be with her more frequently. We have a pack meeting coming up, and it will be Leia's first official meeting with our pack.

As I walked out of the quiet packhouse, I saw some pack members out and about. Everyone has a role here, and with that role, their responsibilities. The pack is usually at its busiest during this time, and while I may prefer to be in small groups or closed quarters, I loved seeing everyone working together and their dedication to the pack. I smiled and greeted everyone I saw, ensuring to check in with specific members.

"Adriel. Come to the pack grounds; you'll want to see this!" Cleo mind-linked me and sounded oddly excited, which is not so odd for her typical demeanor.

"I was already on my way to check on you and Arya, so I'm coming."

Arya is our pack general; she's in charge of training all the wolves in combat and is probably stronger than me with her skill level. Not long before I reached the pack grounds, I stopped in my tracks with wide eyes. Leia was in the training field, circling Arya with many pack members, including Nico and Cleo, watching. My body went rigid with initial concern for Leia, but curiosity over her strength and skills pushed that aside.

"Adriel! I can feel Leia and her wolf; they're excited." Nero was excited, too. Even though we don't have the full extent of feeling each other's feelings and pain without marking or mating, our mate bond is slowly growing stronger as we stay together.

My eyes followed Leia intensely as she continued to circle Arya. Arya stood maybe two inches taller than Leia, with a muscular and bulky build and black curly hair tied up in a high ponytail. Her dark brown almond-shaped eyes pair well with her sepia skin tone and square-shaped face.

The crowd was mostly quiet, watching in anticipation as the pack general and the new Luna had a sparring match. Cleo finally called the match to start after what felt like an hour of watching them. I'll need to thank Cleo later for waiting for me to arrive before beginning the match.