Chapter 2

Leia

"Leia! Leia! Come on, honey! You have to eat breakfast and get ready. The gathering for the Ceremony is in three hours!" Looking worried and frantic, I saw my mom above me. Maia must've gone home to get ready with her parents as she was no longer in bed with me, and all the things she brought were gone.

"Moooom. My dress and shoes are already laid out. I have so much time." I groaned sleepily. I am not a morning person! Mom rolled her eyes and pulled me out of bed; she's pretty strong.

"Yes, dear. But you need to eat and complete your packing. Plus, we will meet up with Maia's family for photos!" I groaned loudly once again. My mom scolded me as she dragged me out of bed.

"Come on." I begrudgingly followed her down the stairs to the kitchen when the sweet aroma of eggs and bacon filled my senses. Yum! I perked up a bit at the smell of a delicious breakfast.

"Good morning, Leia." I heard my dad's deep voice, and I ran to him, enveloping him in a hug. "Oof! You're getting quite strong there, princess!" I smiled at his nickname for me and released him.

"Let's eat, kiddo! I'll race ya to see who can eat the most." I laughed at my brother's challenge and gave him a playful glare.

"You're on!" My mom sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to stop us once we got started. Corina tried calming my brother down, but neither wanted to lose.

Way too many handfuls of eggs and bacon later, my brother and I sat back in our chairs, completely stuffed and satisfied. The whole family started laughing hysterically when it hit me hard. I might have to leave. I instantly got quiet, my mom giving me a look of concern.

"I'm not ready...." I whispered, barely audible to anyone around me. "I don't want to go." I felt my body slump in my chair and the sadness eating away at me.

"Shh shh, darling. It'll be alright. You will do great, my princess." My dad took me in his lanky but solid arms and caressed my hair. "You can do this, Leia." I sobbed for what seemed like hours in my dad's arms, the rest of the family watching with understanding etched into their expressions.

"Leia. Come on, let's get you upstairs." My brother looked at me kindly, and I just nodded blankly. Lance took me from our dad's arms and carried me up the stairs. "Goddess, you're heavy, Li!" Lance tried to joke to make me feel better, and I couldn't help but smile slightly. "There it is." Lance grinned as we made up the last step.

"Lance, I don't want to leave you guys."

"Li, I know this is hard, but I won't let anyone take you away if I sense they aren't good for you. Okay? I'll fight any wolf that tries to treat you wrong." I smiled slightly and squeezed him before jumping out of his arms.

"Thanks, Lan." Lance wiped the remaining tears off my cheeks and nodded.

"Now, this is your duty as an Oliveira and a pack member of Crescent Sky. We all have to go through this. Finding your mate is important, and I know you will be so happy once you find your destined." He gave me a reassuring smile before ruffling my hair. "Now go shower. Hurry before Mom kills us both!" We both laughed, and I nodded. Lance left the room and closed my door quickly.

In the steamy shower, I relaxed, always feeling a sense of comfort from the water. After 15 minutes, I stepped out and started to blow-dry my hair and brush my teeth. My hands were beginning to get shaky from nerves, but I tried to ignore them. My wolf was getting jittery with excitement, aching to meet our mate.

Once I was done with that, I walked over to my closet, where my ceremony dress hung. Maia and I went together to buy our dresses, and I can't lie; it was a lot of fun. We spent much of the time trying on funky or ugly dresses and laughing at each other, definitely making both of our mothers slightly annoyed with the amount of playing around we did.