Feeling The Sting

Amity made her way to the quad, where the choir was practicing—predictably, it was mostly sirens. And even more predictably, Boscha was apparently the head.

"I need to speak with you," she said, stopping in front of her.

"Well, choir auditions are open, if that's what you were wondering," Boscha told her. "But, TBH, after your performance at the Harvest Festival, drama club might be more your speed."

"After I passed out, who did you tell?" Amity pressed, ignoring that last comment. "The sheriff?"

Boscha snorted. "You really think I'd trust normie cops? I told Vernworth. He probably gave the pigs that heads-up." She flicked a stray lock of hair over her shoulder. "So... what are you? Alto, soprano, or just loco?"

Amity opened her mouth.

The piano girl's glasses immediately cracked, as well as a few windows in the vicinity.

"Uh..." Boscha stared at her. "The fuck was that?"

"A note only dogs can hear," Amity informed her, then walked away.

The choir started to do an acapella version of "Don't Worry, Be Happy." She instantly increased her walking speed.

Her next step was to talk to Willow, who she found in the archery field. That was a bit of a surprise—though, judging by the amount of arrows that had missed the target, she wasn't the best.

Willow gave her a smile once she spotted her. "Hey, you showed up. Ever shot a bow and arrow before?"

"Only on live targets." Amity picked up her own set. "I didn't take you for the sporty type."

"I'm also in the gardening club," Willow said. "I just needed something to help me stay in shape."

Amity's eyes traveled to Willow's arms, which were fully displayed thanks to the rolled-up sleeves of her uniform. "Seems to be working well for you."

"It's my life's mission to make boys, girls, and genderqueer people alike realize that fat girls can still be hot." She smirked slightly. "Guess I don't need to tell you how to shoot that thing, huh?"

Amity changed the subject. "Bria was your roommate, correct? How well did you know her?"

"Ah." Willow nodded. "We're back to the whole 'Bria was savagely murdered by a monster' thing."

"How well did you know her?" Amity repeated.

She sighed. "I knew her well enough to know that she was going off the rails, even before Boscha started here. I'm not surprised she got expelled."

Murdered, not expelled.

But there wasn't any proof. So maybe Amity really was losing it.

Willow readied her bow and arrow. "So... I noticed you were hanging out with Masha Grey at the festival. What's the deal between you two?"

She released the bowstring, sending the arrow just a little bit closer to the target—though still missing it by a mile.

"There is no deal," Amity said. "They were doing me a favor driving me out of town."

"And yet... you're still here."

She gave her a look.

"Oh, I'm dreadfully sorry," Willow said, affecting a high-class air. "Are you the only one permitted to inquire about non-archery related subjects, Miss Blight?"

"Why do you even care about Masha?" Amity snapped. "Because they're a normie?"

Willow set her bow and arrow down. "Because before they came out as non-binary and decided to go into their teen Goth phase, they were Skara Berry's second-in-command."