Unity Day||1:9

"It's been so long! I missed you, my dear

"It's been so long! I missed you, my dear. I missed seeing your beautiful face and your beautiful smile-"

"I missed you too Grandma Ve." Katerina says with a wide smile as she's finally able to talk to the woman who raised her. On the other side of the screen, a very teary-eyed Vera Kane looked back at Katerina with nothing but love.

"I'm not the only one who's missed you. Both Kane boys have missed you dearly." She says, putting in a good word for Kate's father like she always did. She always tried to excuse his absence and remind Katerina that even though he was a very busy man he still loved her. But somewhere along the lines, her words stopped being enough for the girl to believe that it was true.

"I'm sure one of them does, the other not so much."

"Don't be like that Rina." She chided. "You know your father loves you very much, he's been trying to talk to you ever since they got this setup."

"Yeah well I don't want to talk to him, I want to talk to my baby boy." Katerina changes the topic from the older Kane to the youngest. "Now where is my beautiful ray of sun?"

"Oh sweetie, I wasn't able to bring Atlas with me today. We'd been waiting all day in line and when it was finally our turn he fell asleep. And you know how he gets if he doesn't take his naps." Katerina nods understandingly but can't help but feel disappointed that she won't be able to see her boy today. Waiting in line all day, as if Marcus couldn't have moved her up the line so she didn't have to wait around that long.

"It's fine... I guess I'll just see him when you guys come down. You better be on one of the very first trips here Grandma Ve."

"Oh sweetie, only the guards get to come down first. Maybe I can talk to your father, and convince him to take Atlas with him." Kate's face furrows at the thought of her father being in charge of Atlas.

"I don't know..."

"Don't be silly girl. He'll be much safer with Marcus than with me. It's better if he came down with your father, he can protect the boy better if needed." She did have a point, if anything, the gods forbid, went wrong her dad would be able to react a whole lot better than her grandmother. And he'll be able to protect Atlas better once they're on the ground. My dad might hate me but he doesn't hate his grandson, right?

"Alright... you can talk to him. Try to convince him to do this one thing for me."

"You got it, Rina." Her grandma smiled in relief. She's probably happier knowing that Atlas won't be under her care for the dangerous trip. She must have been anxious about it all day. "I have to go now, sweetie. The activity is just starting. Happy unity day. May we meet again."

"We will meet again, Grandma Ve." And right on cue the screen turned black and both Kane women went to their separate celebrations. Vera made her way back to her house where a sleeping Atlas waited for her.