Chapter Fifteen.

You spent the summer hanging out with friends and family, reading, and having a chill day. You were with Jean in the front yard of your house. "(f/n), guess what's tomorrow?" He asked.

You raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"The thing where we meet our teachers and get our schedules." Jean answered.

You blinked, "Already?" At this, Jean laughed.

"Yes. We're going to be seniors!" He grinned.

You chuckled, "Yep." You looked up at the sky and saw dark clouds. "It's going to rain, possibly storm. We should probably go inside." You offered a hand to Jean. He accepted it and got up.

"Alright." He said before you two walked inside. You went into the kitchen and saw Krista's mom.

"Mom, we decided to come inside. It looked as if it were going to storm." You said. Mrs. Lenz nodded.

"Okay. Oh, we have to go to the school tomorrow to meet your teachers." She told you. You nodded. "(f/n). . I need to tell you something. Follow me." She walked into another room. You followed her, feeling worried and curious.

"Your Aunt called. . She's your guardian. She's, er, offered to take care of you. Except she lives far away. In another state, and it's not close by. You can go live with her or stay here. It's up to you." She told you.

You stayed silent, unsure of what to say.

Mrs. Lenz said, "You don't have to decide right away. You have a few weeks. You can go if you want to."

You nodded. "Thank you." You left the room.

"Want to play Call of Duty?" You asked. Jean nodded.

You grabbed the controller and began playing with Jean after setting it up.

Go with my Aunt? She is from my biological family. But I wouldn't be able to see my friends or Jean. . My Aunt is my guardian. . This is so confusing and frustrating.

"(f/n)." You heard Jean say.

"Hm?" You focused on the screen.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"I-- Nothing." You answered.

"(f/n)." He said in a serious tone.

"Fine. ." You let out a sigh. "Mom said my Aunt is my guardian. She's offered to let me live with her. But. . She lives far away. I only have a few weeks to make up my mind." You looked at Jean, waiting for his reaction.

"Are you thinking about going?"

You blinked. "Maybe. . I don't know. I'm not sure."

"You're actually considering it? Your friends are here. I'm here." He said, sounding hurt. You sighed.

"Jean, I know that. . But she's part of my family." Your voice was cracking. "I don't want to leave you."

"Then don't." He told you. You stared into his eyes.

"It's not that easy! You wouldn't understand!" You almost yelled.

"Why not?" He sounded angry.

"Because you haven't been through what I have!" You snapped, leaving him speechless.

"(f/n). . I. . I'm sorry. You're right. I haven't and I should be supportive. I promise I will be." Jean sighed.

"It's okay." You replied. But the angry aura was still there. You couldn't help it. You pecked your boyfriend on the cheek.

You shot Jean's character in the head and smirked. "I win."

Krista walked into the room and stared at the screen. "Who's winning?"

"I am. Want to join us?" You asked, still playing.

"Sure." Krista sat on the floor next to you, who was next to Jean. You went to the home screen and selected three player.

After you killed Krista's person, she put down her controller. "I. . Uh. . Ymir's calling me!" Krista quickly said and got up.

"I didn't hear your phone ring. ." You began.

"It did! I, er, got a new ringtone. . One that only I can hear." She replied.

"Krista, that hasn't been invented." You gave her the what's-really-going-on look.

"It was Ymir, okay?! Bye!" She ran up the stairs. You chuckled.