Chapter Sixteen.

"I don't think that was her type of game." You smiled. Jean laughed. You could tell Jean was bothered by something, and you guessed what it was.

"Alright, Jean, what is it?"

"What? I'm fine." He replied.

"Is it about earlier?" You crossed your arms and raised an eyebrow.

"No- Yes- Maybe. ." He let out a sigh.

You hugged your boyfriend and rested your chin on his shoulder. "Jean. . I don't want to leave. But. . I have the chance to see my biological Aunt. I will never want to leave you. Ever. I don't want 'us' to end. I just. . I have this opportunity, babe. I understand it would mean going away for a long time.

I just don't want to leave you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." You told him.

Jean was shocked to hear you call him "babe." But he also knew you meant every word you said. He hugged you back tightly, but not too tight. "I know. . You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, too. You should go with your Aunt." Jean said. Did he just say that? "I want you to be happy, (f/n). Besides, you can always visit. Maybe even spend a week here, if you're lucky." He chuckled.

"You really think so?" You asked, your voice cracking just a bit. It was barely noticeable.

"Yeah. I'm sure you would love it at your Aunt's, right?" He smiled.

"Yeah. . Probably. But I'd love being here with you more." You chuckled.

"Glad to hear that." He said before you both pulled away. He kissed your nose, causing you to blush a bit.

-

You had told Mrs. Lenz your decision. She smiled and called your Aunt, telling her. Mrs. Lenz and your Aunt decided that you would leave in four weeks. School actually began in four weeks, so it was convenient.

You were going to spend a lot of time with Krista's mom by watching a movie with her. You put in "Fifty First Dates" before handing Mrs. Lenz the bag of popcorn that you two were sharing.

-

The movie had ended. "That was such a great movie, (f/n)!" She grinned and hugged you. You returned the hug and smiled.

-

You knocked on Krista's door. "Come in!" She yelled. You did so.

"Hey, Kris, we should do something tomorrow." You said.

"Sure, what?" Krista asked with a smile.

"Um. . Well. . Whatever you want to do. .?"

"Want to go to the mall?" She still was smiling.

"Yeah, why not?" You shrugged. But, realization hit you. "Crap, Krista, you have to get your schedule and meet your teachers tomorrow."

"Oh! Right! The day after?" She asked. You nodded.

You left her room and walked across to your bedroom. You grabbed your computer and laid down, on your stomach, on your bed. You opened the laptop and turned it on. You clicked the lock screen, which had a photo of you and your parents. Ah, that's right, you hadn't been on your computer in a while. You had stared at the photo, noticing how you resembled them. You sighed and blinked tears away.

You wanted to just not look at the photos. But, you needed this. You needed to be able to face it. You went to your photos and went through the photos of you, your mom and your father. Some of them had the three of you making silly faces at the camera.

You slammed the laptop shut, and blinked more tears away. You were holding back from crying and sobbing.

What if my aunt looks like Mom? Of course she will. But, still. .

You shook the thought away and opened your laptop back up. You entered the password and saw you had a message from Jean.

Jean: Hey.

You typed back a reply.

You: Hi.

Jean: I take it you're not going tomorrow?

You: I am. But, not for me. . Krista has to get her schedule.

Jean: Oh.

You: Yeah. . Hey, in three days do you want to do something together?

Jean: Sure. We could go to the fair that will be open from tomorrow to next week?

You: Sure.

After two or three hours, he had to go. You turned off you laptop and opened the door to Krista's room.

You, her, and Ymir hung out for the rest of the day. Eventually, Ymir had to go home. You checked the time on your phone. 10:39 PM. "I should go to bed. Night, Krista." You hugged her.

She returned the hug, "Night."

You went into your room and changed into your pajamas before you went to sleep.