CHAPTER NINE: Stitches And Kisses

═════════•°• ⚠️ •°•═════════

The hospital fixed me up quicker than I'd imagined, although they did have to give me a few stitches on my leg to close the wound, after making sure I was stuffed with antibiotics to avoid any infection. At least my uncle was generous enough to take us to a better-quality hospital for treatment, but I couldn't expect less after he put us through two days of hell.

Once I was all bandaged up and in the fresh clothes my mother brought me, I could almost block out her loud voice that kept on going like an alarm, berating me for daring to step foot on a dinosaur island. As if I knew about it. I voiced that to her, but she didn't care, apparently not even wanting to see her brother, who was the reason behind the wounds and trauma.

Apparently, the kids' parents found my uncle's doing much less amusing than he hoped they would, and yelled his head off right in the hospital's hallway, alerting the whole building that he wouldn't be seeing them for a while. The drama was nice, but I was getting tired of it and wanted to go home, to lay down in my comfortable bed and lock myself in for a few days.

My mom left to get some coffee, finally giving me a breather, so I decided to get up and check out the others, to see if they were okay. I first went to find Tim and Lex, whose parents were guarding them carefully in their room, not even bothering to exchange one word with me. I quickly realized why I didn't like them in the past and left to check out Alan instead, who was at least all alone, but in an eerie silence.

"Hey," I walked in, shutting the door behind me with a soft click. "You okay?"

"Considering the conditions, yeah. I'm fine." He nodded although his cheek was bandaged, along with one arm. "Yours sounded worse."

"Oh, it wasn't too bad," I shook my head. It was a lie, I actually cried when they were giving me the stitches, but no one had to know that. "But it wasn't fun."

"This weekend wasn't fun," He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I guess we learned our lesson," I mumbled, sitting down on the bed beside him. "We shouldn't listen to an old man who claims he has something very special to show us far-far away."

"Now that you put it that way..." Alan grimaced, making me chuckle.

There was a knock at the door, and Ellie peeked inside with a light smile, coming to sit down next to us. Her hair was combed out of her face, and a few bandages were apparent on her legs.

"Went to see the kids... Their parents are, uh, interesting."

"You can say it," I grinned. "They are assholes."

"Okay, they are," She admitted with a deep sigh. "I babysat for the whole weekend and they act like I was the one pushing them down the t-rex's throat."

"Ignore them, that's all I can say." I stood up with a shrug. "I do the same."

Ellie offered me one last smile as I left the hospital room, leaving the pair to be to themselves a bit after they had to spend almost the whole weekend apart. I went to the last person I wanted to see before being discharged, who was sitting on the bed in one of the rooms, twirling his glasses in his hands.

I raised my hand to knock and he let me inside, patting the bed beside him so I would sit down. I stared at the bandages on his hands, raising my eyes to his with a grimace. He took my hand into his and pulled me closer, resting his hands on my waist as he looked up at me from the bed. I linked mine around his neck, slowly blinking down at him, wondering what to do.

"Can I, um, suggest something?" He murmured quietly, while I just gave him a weak nod. "Could we go out somewhere calmer after we both got over this little vacation?"

My lips curled into a smile as I nodded much more enthusiastically this time, leaning a bit down to be more on his level. His smile slowly fell as he reached up with one hand, clasping it around the base of my neck, making circles on the edge of my jawline. Slowly, he tugged me down, bringing my lips to his for a sweet kiss.

"I wish I could have done, um, that without any lingering trauma," He sighed, making me chuckle. He looked down at my bandaged leg, then back up at me with a raised eyebrow. "It hurt?"

"Like hell."

"Did you, uh, cry?" He smirked, and I huffed in response, pushing his hands off me as I sat beside him.

"What makes you think that I did?"

"I didn't say that you, um, did," He grinned. "But getting defensive means that you did..."

"Oh, shut up," I sighed, but I was still smiling as I leaned back on the bed, looking up at him.

"Only if you'll shut me up."

And with that, I kissed Ian Malcolm again, but this time, I didn't let him go.