Chapter 6: A Nice Day for a White Wedding

The process is complicated but they manage to arrange and settle the details of their marriage over many weeks and during that time, Violet took a break from her concerts to live in New Harmony with Henry and forge herself a false identity.

Dyeing her hair strawberry blonde, wearing pale blue contact lenses, purchasing some new garments for herself along with creating and submitting some falsified documents (among other things), she soon obtained the fake, generic ID of Clara Newman, Hank's fiance and soon-to-be wife.

"Why did you choose Clara?" Henry had asked her, "Was the name a random choice or is there a meaning to it?"

"I have a soft spot for the Loveless and the Damned. Did you know that they recently released a new season where they introduced this new werewolf character called David who convinced Clara to have an affair with him. Also, plot twist, He and Vlad were college roommates who had a brief fling once." She chuckles before suddenly putting her hand over her mouth, "Oh whoops sorry, I think I spoiled it a bit for you".

"Haha it's alright Superstar," He plants a soft kiss on her cheek, "We can still watch the new season together after the wedding ceremony. Now come on, we have a lot to prepare".

Unlike the wedding she had with William, their marriage wouldn't be celebrated in a lavish cathedral filled with lavenders where the entire town was invited (and a majority had to sit outside) and there wouldn't be an expensive international food banquet hosted at the most expensive and elegant restaurant in town either.

However, neither of them minded. Instead, they'd both decided their ceremony would be a humble, private affair held in a minimalistic small chapel and their wedding lunch would be at a steakhouse out of town which Violet fancied. They had little to no relatives to invite on account of them all being either dead or not wishing to connect with them but Violet did have her group of trustworthy friends who wouldn't spill the beans on her "mystery lover" and Henry at least had Jen and a few co-workers at his workplace that he was close to.

Thus, they were invited to be their audience and those they were closest to were also invited as their bridesmaids and best men via handmade invitations that were written by the two of them.

Henry, sad to say, had no best men to accompany or host his bachelor party (as the three co-workers he invited were all unfortunately on shift that day with no one else to take their place if they took leave) but Violet of course wouldn't allow him to be alone and so, had instructed Kevin and Jeremy to organise a bachelor party with him for the day while she had her own bachelorette party with her clique in Los Angeles.

"It's nice that you came but you don't have to be here." Henry scratched his head as he greeted the two men outside his doorstep. One of them was in his mid-50s with grey hair mostly tucked under a beanie while the other was a blonde that seemed to be in his 30s, a camera bag dangling around his shoulder and a tripod slung over his back.

"Well, as quoted from your soon to be wife, 'I won't like it if my soon-to-be husband is depressed before the wedding so throw him a bachelor party". The grey-haired stranger finished, "My name is Kevin by the way and this is Jeremy. He'll be the photographer for today and at your wedding too".

Henry chuckles.

"What's funny about my name?" Jeremy asks.

"Oh nothing. It's just that I also had a photographer called Jeremy back when..."

"Smile Henry, the world is watching us". A memory of Willaim's voice echoes in his head.

"Umm never mind" Henry smiles falsely, "Anyway, he'd better not capture me drunk if we go drinking".