You're having my baby

Happy Belated Father's Day. This was kind of a rushed chapter as I was struggling due to personal reasons. Enjoy

---

Henry and Violet work together for the next two weeks to create a pleasant nursery room for the child they hope to have and raise. They're unsure if they will be a girl or a boy so they start off by making it neutral for the time being. Violet decorates the vibrant orange walls with fairy lights and wall-stickers of different adorable animals while Hank completes the crib he was building for the child within the room.

"You sure don't want to buy the furniture?" Violet asks her sweating husband, "You don't have to build everything in this room".

Henry huffs as he hits the final nail into the wooden plank.

"Nope. I can do it right here. It's cheaper for us too".

He stands up and backs away, wiping the sweat off of his brow with a nearby cloth while he looks at his handiwork. Henry smiles and Violet joins his side.

"Not bad. Just needs some paint and a bedsheet but for now, we should take a break yeah?"

Henry nods and they head to the kitchen for lunch. He's prepared both of them a healthy meal of oats and strawberries. They eat their meal in a peaceful silence until Violet exclaims a sudden realisation.

"Oh my gosh, Henry, we haven't decided on a name for the baby yet!"

Henry blinks at her a few times, also coming to the same realisation as well. Their baby had no name. "Oh...right. We should definitely come up with a few names".

The both of them return to silence, pondering on what they would name their future child. It had to be something special but not too outlandish....and Henry came up with this almost immediately.

"How about Charles or Charlene?" Henry suggests.

Violet's expression becomes perturbed, "You want to call them 'Charlie' again don't you?"

"Sorry, you read me too well on that." Henry scratches his head.

"Perhaps we could go with another unisex name...Like how about..." Violet taps the spoon on her plate twice, "Sam?"

"Hmmm...Sam..." Henry says the name, letting the words settle on his tongue, "Like Samuel or Samson for a boy and Samantha for a girl?"

Violet nods in confirmation.

"And perhaps maybe Charles as a middle name?" Henry suggests in an almost pleading manner.

"Fine." She smirks at him, "I'll let you have that at least".

"You know, William and I used to have sex while even when I was knocked up." Violet admits while they cuddle in bed.

"What?!"

"You mean you didn't know you could do that Henry?"

"No? Why?! Isn't that risky? Wouldn't you hurt the baby?"

"Well, we were always careful..."

"Still, that's reckless. Don't tell me you want me –"

"Heavens no. I'm old and not as...active as I used to be. I'd rather not risk a miscarriage".

"Didn't stop you from riding me like a horse for several nights though." Henry chuckles as she playfully chucks a pillow at him. It's then that he notices her belly. The increase of weight around her midsection was slow but noticeable to Henry but at this point, she couldn't hide it. The baby bump was now extremely visible.