Surprise Christmas Special Gift: A Reunion

The crackling fireplace painted the room in a warm, inviting glow as Henry and Violet bustled around their cozy home, adorning it with festive decorations. Garlands hung delicately from the mantle, twinkling lights danced around the windows, and the scent of pine filled the air from the beautifully decorated Christmas tree standing proudly in the corner. As they did all that, the aroma of the already roasted turkey and freshly baked pies wafted through the air, filling the cozy home with a comforting warmth that matched the crackling fire in the hearth.

Excitement brewed within them as they anticipated the arrival of their children. Henry, with his short, graying black hair and gentle green eyes, looked around somewhat impatiently at the open front door with a mix of anticipation and nostalgia. Meanwhile, Violet, with her vibrant orange hair cascading in waves and bright emerald eyes, hummed a merry tune as she placed the finishing touches around the house.

As the clock struck seven sharp, the sound of familiar laughter and chatter echoed just outside. Michael, with his wavy brown hair and a cheshire-like smile, entered first, arms laden with wrapped gifts and a cheerful, "Merry Christmas, Dad!"

Following closely was Charlie, a bright-eyed young woman in a red dress with frizzy brown hair and an infectious enthusiasm. She hugged Henry tightly, her eyes shining with joy. "Dad, you wouldn't believe the traffic! John's still trying to find parking so he won't be here for a while".

"My wife can't be here unfortunately. She's down with a fever." Mike confessed sheepishly.

Henry smiled at him with understanding, "Well that's ok. You can bring some leftovers for Jamie later."

"Hey move in! You're blocking the rest of us and it's freezing out here!" the tallest sibling out of all of them complained, shivering a little from behind.

"Right, Sorry Liz." Mike stepped out of the way and let in his two other siblings. Elizabeth looked very much like her mother: Slender and curvaceous with stylish curly orange that glided gracefully over her shoulders. She wore red lipstick which complemented her red and white style peppermint-patterned dress.

Meanwhile, Evan, the youngest one out of them, was holding her hand and a bag of gifts too. He was about as tall as his brother Micheal and wore a green sweater with white vertical stripes, his usual flattened brown hair having become a mess likely due to being tousled in the wind outside.

As the family finished up their greetings, they put down their baggage for the night and gathered around the table for a hearty dinner. John, Charlie's childhood friend who had reunited with her back in college, was the last to join them.

"John, you made it. Come sit with us!"

The holiday spread was nothing short of a feast fit for a king: A succulent turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, and an array of delectable desserts were all prepared with love and care by Henry and Violet.

Between mouthfuls of savory and velvety food, Henry's eyes twinkled with curiosity as he turned to his children, eager to hear about their pursuits.

"So, everyone," Henry began with a warm smile, "what have each of you been up to lately? I'd love to hear all about your adventures."

Michael, his hazel eyes sparkling with eagerness, leaned forward. "I've been doing mainly lineart and coloring for several Marvel Comics. Hopefully after a few years, I'll have enough experience to create my own comic universe someday and I'll be as famous as Jack Kirby himself." he announced with a grin, "Think of it. Ninja Space Unicorn with Laser swords".

Charlie, speaking between mouthfuls of ham, chimed in. "I've been writing articles about birds and plants for nature mags. John's been a fantastic collaborator and editor on some of my pieces. Oh, and I've got a little side gig making jewelry in christmas markets".