Chapter 19

It's nearly been a month.

Tomorrow makes one month that Ashton and I have been together, and we're great.

But tomorrow also makes one month since I've talked to Michael. He won't answer my calls, he reads my texts but never texts back, he never answers the door when I show up at his house. I actually stayed on his porch for nearly 12 hours, crying and talking to him. He never came out. He hasn't been to work since that day, I don't even know if he quit or if he's just taking a break. I don't know what to do, everyone kept telling me that he'd be okay in a couple days but it's been a fucking month and he won't say a word to me.

I grab my phone, staring at Michael's messages. I type out another as my eyes fill with tears.

To MikeyMyBestie<3
Mikey please text me back I miss you so much
Read 11:07 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
Mikey I can tell you're reading these
Read 11:07 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
Michael you're making me go crazy. I need my best friend back, can't you see that?
Read 11:08 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
You said you wouldn't let this affect our friendship. Mikey, please talk to me. At least tell me if you're okay. Please.
Read 11:09 pm

From MikeyMyBestie<3
I'm fine
Received 11:10 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
Ohmygosh Mikey!! It's been a month. That's the first time you've talked to me in an entire month!
Read 11:10 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
It's 11:11 Mikey, make a wish.
Read 11:11 pm

To MikeyMyBesie<3
Nothing? Don't I get any other words?
Read 11:24 pm

To MikeyMyBestie<3
Don't be like this, please. I love you. I really wish we could be like before
Read 11:32 pm

I get frustrated with him not answering, an entire month and the only thing he has to say to me is I'm fine. I throw my phone onto the couch next to me and cry into my hands, I don't know what else to do. I never imagined that Michael of all people would abandon me like this.

Without thinking, I reach for my phone and grasp it in my hand, typing in the number I know by heart and calling it.

It rings and rings, no answer. Typical. I wait for the voicemail, Mikey's voice ringing through my phone. "Hey, it's Michael. You got my voicemail, I either missed it or didn't want to talk to you. Either way leave a message and I might listen to it."

Soon, the beep sounds and I wait a second before speaking, my voice shaking from all of the tears, "Mikey. I- I miss you so much. I really want my best friend back. Just.. Please call me. Or text me more than two words? I still love you, you'll always be my best friend, even if you hate me. Goodnight." I break off with a loud sob, pressing the end call button. I've left so many voicemails, i know he listens to them or at least deleted them because if he didn't his voicemail would definitely be full.

I toss my phone to the other end of the couch again, sobbing into my knees before laying on my side, curled into a ball.

Nearly half an hour later, I've finally calmed down and am watching some movie on TV, not paying much attention since I'm tired. I wish I could sleep but for some reason, I can't seem to do that tonight.

My phone beeps, signaling a text and I practically jump across the couch to grab the device, hoping Michael texted me.

From AshyBaby c:
Happy one month, Shay. You're perfect and I'm so glad I've spent an entire month of my life with a girl as amazing as you. I can never tell you how lucky I am to have such an awesome girlfriend, I'm the luckiest guy in the world. Thank you for making me so happy. You're perfect, babe. Stay you. I'm looking forward to many many more months with you, babe. You're the best, I love you sweetheart Xx.
Received 12:01 am