Choices

Sooo uhh long time no see? I promised I'd eventually post again and I'm not a liar!

Shout out to Sam @ mzsnguyenthai -across all platforms for helping us write that hard conversation. While here gonna shamelessly plug her. Go check out her works.

T/W: Talk of Abortion and very briefly, just briefly women's rights.

With that out of the way, let me say this. This chapter was written over a year ago. Before Roe V Wade was overturned in the US. We finally both felt in a good headspace to come back to this fic. So looking at this chapter and knowing what has happened in recent times we felt the need to explain a little more, go into a little bit more detail then I had initially planned. I sincerely hope we did this justice. Considering Grey's current storyline it feels right to post this now.

Any unconstructive comments will be deleted. You don't have to agree but keep it civil. This is a sensitive topic and I do not want a war.

Chapter Thirteen

Choices

Amelia quickly unbuckles, exiting the car once it was parked. She was anxious to get inside to see her mom.

"Mom?!" She yells letting herself in. The house didn't feel as lively as it once did. She didn't know why.

"Amelia? What are you doing here? Oh Addison hello. This is unexpected." The teen launches herself into her mom's arms crying all over again. It's like she couldn't stop today.

Carolyn holds her youngest looking up at Addison confused.

"What's going on? Why are you two suddenly here and she's crying in my arms?" Addison sighs looking at the girl.

"We. She. Has some news to share. I'd say she should tell you but she couldn't even tell Derek. Nothing has been discussed yet. No plans set, no nothing." She bites her lip resisting the urge to pull the young girl into her arms again.

"You might want to sit down." She suggests softly to her mother in law.

When she sits down Addison spills the beans.

"Amelia's 14 weeks pregnant. Like I said we haven't discussed anything yet. We just found out today and I seem to be the only one holding it together."

"Amelia. Baby, look at me." Carolyn says softly, pulling the girl's face up to look at her.

"It's going to be okay. We're going to figure this out together. I'll be here every step of the way." Amelia whimpers, gripping her mama tighter not wanting to let go.

The teen was so scared that any minute now, she was going to be told to get lost and she'd be completely on her own. She was so lost in her own head, a cloud of dark black thoughts hovering waiting to be played out.

Carolyn just holds the girl tight, silently promising to support her with whatever she needed, She needed to do better for her little girl. These next few days would be challenging, but she would be here as long as her daughter allowed it.

Amelia laid on the bed in her childhood bedroom, staring up at the ceiling, her mind full of thoughts. She didn't know much about what was to come, but she knew things were gonna change. She was terrified that everything was about to be a lot worse.

She feels the bed dip, and before she can register what's happening she is pulled into her brother's familiar embrace.

"When's the last time we laid in bed together like this?" He asked, after a period of silence.