Chapter 8: White Lady Rebellion

"Done na po ako sa survey, White Lady

"Done na po ako sa survey, White Lady." Raven spoke quietly on her radio.

"Sige. Balik ka na agad. Take care." a voice replied to her.

"I've confirmed that my sample ng prototype antidote is Agila. All we need is to get it and finish the formula." Raven spoke.

"Wala tayong choice. We'll need to take it somehow." one of the generals of the rebellion said.

Everyone understood that they can't just face Alvin head on. Even with the Raven on their side, the enemy just had more fire power. It was almost unnatural. Because of an almost unlimited supply of money, Alvin is able to create walls and weapons and kill anyone instantly that goes against him. But, there was no other way. The country must be saved one way or another.

"Boss, what do we do in the meantime while we plan our attack?" Raven asked the radio.

"Same as always. Try to save as many people as we can." White Lady replied through the static of the radio.

"Okay po. Stay safe." Raven said as she packed up her guns for another night run.

Meanwhile, automated tanks roam every street in the Philippines. Military bases were set up on small islands all over the shores. Warships were in groups of threes stationed on all corners of the country. 2 manned ships and one automated ship.

"Yung mga..mga ashes po nung mga lumabag sa..sa curfew nag kalat po rito ano. Dito po sa..sa street na ito sa cubao kung saan, dati pong puntahan ng tao. As you can see, cubao expo is a ghost town. Usually ganitong oras maraming tao dito, mga galing sa trabaho or klase...all empty." Denise the reporter narrated her first documentary while she filmed with her phone camera.

She needed to record what was happening. Just in case things go back to normal.

Quezon city was an unusually quiet place at 7pm. Most of the population were scared to go out or were ash on the streets. Denise got in her car and started to drive home before the 8pm curfew.

The backseat was filled with boxes of paper, files, clothes, food as well as old clothes. Denise hasn't been sleeping well lately. There's a clue, a sign somewhere that will prove that there's still hope for change. But where was it?

Just a few meters from her home, Denise's car broke down. Because it was almost 8, she was a bit on edge. Also she couldn't push her car. In the middle of the panic though, she still kept trying to push it in the driveway.

As expected, one of Alvin's mechanical soldiers caught her outside.

It was 8.01 p.m.

"DENISE LOCKET, YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIOLATING THE 8PM CURFEW. YOU WILL BE DISINTEGRATED" the Mechanical soldier recited as it walked towards her.

"Teka teka! Taga dito ako bahay ko yun o! Yung gate na blue! YUNG GATE NA BL" Denise yelled at the machine as it got closer. The soldier lifted her by the collar when suddenly, it's elbow blew apart. A disembodied hand was stuck on Denise's shirt. Right before the Soldier scanned the area to check the trajectory of that gun shot' its head blew up.

Shocked, Denise stood there looking at the dead robot.

"Miss di ka na dapat nasa labas" Denise jumped as the Raven stood behind her. "Ah..sorry. Tumirik kasi yung.." Denise pointed at her car. "Hayaan mo na ma'am tulungan na kita." Denise and the Raven pushed the car to the driveway.

"Uy salamat sobra.." Denise thanked the Raven. "Don't mention it. Stay indoors lang po." The Raven replied. As she was walking away, Denise felt the sudden need to ask the Raven a question.

"Wait lang po, kasama ka ng mga rebelde no doubt. Will we win this? Kaya ba natin?" Denise asked.

"I hope so." Raven replied.

"Si ano ba...di ba sha babalik?" Denise asked again.

Raven paused and looked sad. She remembered her friend bleeding to death. "Honestly, di ko sure..pero it's best if we're all ready to fight na tayo tayo lang when it starts."

"When IT starts?" Denise replied.

"Yeah. War." The Raven said as she walked back in the dark.

Denise closed up her gate and went straight to her computer to write. She's not really sure if anyone would get to read this in the future, but someone's gotta do these. This was history being written, right this very second.

This city was so empty. There's not much to do. Every night, Raven wished she could just find out where her Father was. She returned to the rebellion's secret base. It was a special night. Everyone was here to report.

After resting a bit, Raven was called into the White Lady's office. She entered a room where she met with Kate. She smiled, stood up and gave Raven an embrace.

"Kamusta po ate?" Raven said.