A different celebration

Pairing: Wanda Maximoff & Clint Barton (Friendship).
Word count: 595 words.
Rating: Teen.
Square: B1 "All Hallow's Eve".
Summary: Wanda discovers how All Hallow's Eve is celebrated with Clint's help.
Warnings/Tags: All Hallow's Eve celebration, candies, costumes, trick-or-treat.
A/N: This is my entry to the Marvel Rare Pair Bingo Round 2 2023. Annie MRP-066.

Wanda was confused by everything Clint had bought to celebrate Halloween; it was the first time she would celebrate Halloween in that country

Wanda was confused by everything Clint had bought to celebrate Halloween; it was the first time she would celebrate Halloween in that country. She was very curious to see all those allusive candies; they didn't have anything like that in Sokovia.

"Have you decided what you are going to dress up as?" Clint asked.

"What for? What do you need so much candy for?" Wanda was completely confused. She would really like her twin to be there with her, but he was on a mission.

"The candy is for the children," Clint answered as if it were too obvious.

"For your children? Isn't that a lot of sugar?" She started to panic because there were at least fifteen bags of candy, but she was sure there would be more.

"No, they're for the children who come trick-or-treating." Clint was starting to feel puzzled.

"Trick or treat?"

"Didn't they do that in Sokovia?" Clint finally asked.

"We never go out on All Hallow's Eve; the evil spirits go out on the streets and take everyone; I know they took some people away," Wanda started to explain. She remembered that especially parents avoided children going out on that night; the streets were always lonely on that date.

"They were probably just legends," Clint said; he had heard many, many stories in the past.

"No, they weren't. Once, when I was a child, I looked out the window and saw them. That night, I begged my parents to let me sleep with them; I was so terrified," Wanda assured.

"I assure you nothing bad will happen," Clint told her with a fatherly tone. Here, children dress up and go trick-or-treating; sometimes they even compete for who will get the most.

Clint really believed that these were rumors, and probably some people were taking advantage of the legends.

"What if they don't get candy?" Wanda asked.

"Treat."

"Treat?"

"The children do something mischievous, like cover the front of the house with toilet paper or throw eggs or something like that," Clint explained.

"That's kind of rude."

Clint lifted his shoulders, never having thought about it. When he was a child, he always got candy, so he never did any of the other stuff, just like whenever his children went trick-or-treating, they always got too much. When the conversation was over, she went to the costume store. Maybe it was a good idea for her to celebrate it as they did in America; probably the others would see to it that Pietro had the same experience.

As soon as she returned, he gave her the costume; after she put it on, she walked out and looked confused at Clint as he was holding a bowl of candy.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" Wanda kept looking at the bowl of candy.

"When the children knock on the door and say the phrase, you open and offer them the bowl with candy; they will take some. Just watch because sometimes one just wants to take all the candy, and you make some cute comments to them about their costumes," Clint explained, and she nodded.

Wanda walked nervously in front of the door. She didn't know if they had an exact time or how it really worked, but she jumped when she heard the first ring.

"Did you have fun?" Clint asked Wanda after the last child left.

"It was interesting."