Not normal photos

"Not normal photos"

"Not normal photos"

Ship: Ana/Satana Helstrom & Chris Yen (Friendship).
Word count: 564 words.
Rating: Teen.
Square: O2 "Spooky photographs".
Summary: Ana and Chris appraised some stuff in an old house.
Warnings/Tags: Scary encounter, horror, spooky photographs.
A/N: This is my entry to the Marvel Rare Pair Bingo Round 2 2023. Annie MRP-066.

Ana and Chris received an assignment to appraise the belongings of an old house on the outskirts of the city

Ana and Chris received an assignment to appraise the belongings of an old house on the outskirts of the city. While it was known that Ana did not accept to appraise any object so easily, for some strange reason she accepted. On the other hand, after all that had happened, Chris was not sure, but after Helstrom's effective methods of convincing him, he agreed.

When they arrived at the house, they were greeted by a sombre atmosphere and a sense of unease; even the old woman looked different.

As they examined the items to be appraised and sorted, Chris sensed something strange.

"There is something strange here, Ana," Chris said suddenly.

"There's nothing strange; I don't perceive anything but old things; it's not like a demon is going to take you away," Ana answered sarcastically.

"As if I didn't have enough with you," Chris mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"This box is sealed, but I was able to open it," Chris replied, showing her the box while hoping she hadn't heard what he actually said.

Inside the box were a series of photographs. The first ones seemed normal, although very old; maybe they were of some family that once lived in the place. However, as they saw the rest of the photographs, they began to become creepy. The photographs showed disturbing scenes and ghostly figures, which made them suspect that something supernatural was happening there.

Ana swallowed hard. She wasn't going to apologize for what she had said to Chris earlier, but she was going to be on the alert in case something else started to happen, not to mention that the last thing she wanted was to have to call her brother. Nothing good happened when the Helstrom brothers were together, or at least that's what she thought.

They decided to investigate the history of the house in depth, so they went to look for the old woman who received them, but... they found no one but a portrait that seemed too old for her. The two saw each other, and somehow or another they were going to find out who had hired them as well as the secrets of the house. They began to investigate the rooms and discovered that they had been the scene of several supernatural events. Rumors of spectral presences and paranormal activity had surrounded the property for decades due to some events that had occurred in the past, which seemed to involve the family they had seen in the first photographs as well as the old woman.

Chris, on the other hand, was feeling increasingly insecure. He didn't understand how Anne could maintain her teasing attitude amid all the tension, although he remembered everything he had been told about the Helstrom family as well as what he experienced a few years earlier.

As they moved through the house, the supernatural phenomena intensified. Doors closed on their own, lights flickered inexplicably, and eerie whispers filled the air. The elderly owner of the house seemed to be under the influence of something dark and sinister.

And that's when Ana decided they would need Damon; she couldn't perform an exorcism alone, and he had more affinity for such events.

As soon as Damon arrived, she quickly explained the situation, and he took charge.

Now all that was left was to find the person who had actually hired them.