Stargazing love

"Stargazing love"

"Stargazing love"

Ship: Crystal Amaquelin X Pietro Maximoff (Love).
Word count: 542 words.
Rating: Teen.
Square: I3 "Lying in a field stargazing".
Summary: A special starry night for Pietro and Crystal.
Warnings/Tags: Stargazing, walking in the woods, love declaration, fluff.
A/N: This is my entry to the​ Marvel Rare Pair Bingo Round 2 2023. Annie MRP-066.

Pietro and Crystal were lying in the field, looking up at the sky

Pietro and Crystal were lying in the field, looking up at the sky. The night was cloudless, and the stars were shining as beautifully as they had ever seen them. They had been out there for hours, just enjoying each other's company, talking and laughing, and watching the stars through the night.

Crystal slipped her arm through Pietro's and rested her head on his shoulder. She felt at peace here, away from the hustle and bustle of life on Attilan, away from the worries that weighed on her mind. Pietro also seemed calmer, free from the worries and expectations of the world he came from. Occasionally, they laughed out loud at Lockjaw's cartwheels.

For a while, the two just stared up at the starry night sky, absorbed in their own thoughts, until Pietro finally broke the silence.

"Do you ever think about the future? "he asked. Crystal was silent for a few minutes, thoughtful, then nodded.

"Sometimes," she said suddenly. "But mostly I think about the stars and how, through immortal time, they keep burning, no matter what we do, no matter what. It's as if they remind us that there is something more out there for us, something more than our little and insignificant lives."

Pietro smiled. He gazed up at the stars and then at Crystal, feeling warmth in his heart. He knew that whatever happened in the future, he wanted to be with her.

They lay there for a while longer until Crystal spoke again.

"We should go home," she commented.

Pietro nodded, and they got up, brushing the grass off their clothes. With a last look at the stars, they started walking hand in hand towards the path that would take them to the top of the mountain.

As they made their way deeper into the forest, as it was the only way back, the full moon illuminated their path. Pietro couldn't help but feel the electricity between them as if the energy of the stars had been transferred to them. Crystal squeezed his hand tightly, and Pietro stopped in his tracks. He turned to her and looked into her eyes, lost in the glow of the moonlight. For a moment, Pietro thought that perhaps this was the right time to tell her his true feelings.

However, Crystal spoke first, breaking the spell of the moment.

"Pietro, I have something to tell you," she said in a trembling voice. Pietro frowned, worried about what she was going to tell him.

"What is it, Crystal?" Pietro asked, trying to calm her down.

Crystal took a deep breath before speaking. But before she could say anything, she changed her mind, stepped forward, and kissed him passionately. Pietro responded immediately, wrapping his arms around her and deepening the kiss. The electricity she had felt earlier intensified, making her skin burn and her heart beat at a frantic pace.

Finally, they broke apart, panting, and their lips swollen. Crystal smiled and stroked his cheek tenderly.

"You don't need to say anything, Pietro. I feel the same way."

Pietro was overwhelmed with emotion and happiness. He took her hand again and pulled her to him to embrace her.

"I can't imagine my life without you, Crystal. I want to be with you forever."