Five

We were finally going home. 

The car ride there was nothing but dead end conversations, and suffocating silence. Y/n didn't want to talk. She allowed me to take her car and drive us to the compound. Her eyes stared out the window giving me one worded answers or nothing at all. 

I tried to turn up the radio. Hearing the music fill up the quiet space made it less awkward. The songs that was playing had a nice beat to it, my fingers tapping away at the steering wheel. A hum escaped my lips but not full on singing. Then an idea popped into my head. 

Y/n had her phone bluetooth into the car. Her phone sitting in the cupholder out of her grasp. She had yet to take her eyes off the window yet to realize what plan I was forming inside my head. 

I took her phone and turned it on. I raised a brow at the stock imagine photo as her wallpaper. The stupid space one. The face recognition failed and finally it asked me for the code. 

Moment of truth.

I took a guess at the passcode but nothing. It wasn't her birthday, it wasn't mine, it wasn't our date, or any date that might have been important that I could have remembered. By the time I tried the last code I had locked her phone for a minute. 

"Guess you don't know me as well as you think" she said. No eye contact, no shift in her posture. Nothing. She was determined to study the outside world, watching the passing building and cars. The people out and about. What ever had her attention, it certainly wasn't me. 

Finally she took her phone, the lock was no longer there and tapped away before handing me her phone. 

As soon as a red-light appeared I began to look through her Home Screen. Her music app was on the bottom wedge along with her messages that had over 20 notifications, her emails that exceed 99+ and her phone app with 5 missed calls. On top of that her apps were spread out, not in an organized folder like before. 

No games apps, no weird apps, not even a cool wallpaper.

"You're boring, why is your phone boring" I tell her. 

"My phones is for business purposes Ms. Belova, not to be enjoyed with useless things such as entertainment" she let out a sigh like the question annoyed her. 

"It's not just your phone L/n" I look at her. "You talk like you're still in the office."

"And how's that?"

"Grammatically correct. That's boring you're boring. Were is that 'no fucks given' attitude. The-the, reckless idiot behavior, or the zero countability life"

"Ms. Bel--"

"Yelena!" This time I did raise my voice at her. "We aren't in work hours. Stop calling me Ms. Belova. My name is Yelena. Lena when you say my name. I'll literally take anything but Ms. Belova"

"What about Bitch?"

"Finally we're making progress. I believe this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship, again"

"Everyone should believe in something, Ms. Bitch. I believe you should go fuck yourself" she said, turning back towards the window.

It wasn't much. A simple rude name but progress nonetheless. Anything to get her to stop calling me Belova. 

I put her phone back down where it was. I was going to play our song, something to get her out of her mood but that would be pointless now. Maybe next time when I attempt to murder her if she calls me Belova one more time. Maybe push her out the car like she likes to do when I try to take her to the dentist. Or maybe I could get reaction from her by driving recklessly, but that would only put others in danger.