Chapter 13- At Maelstrom

Nare A. Rator's P.O.V.

   Feather and Care gently shook Blue awake when they had landed on the school grounds. "Osh shosh k'bosh, she's had a long day." Care whispered softly. 

   "What?" Feather whispered back. 

   "My older sister made it up for 'oh my gosh' when I was little." 

   "Oh. Wait, you have an older sister?" 

   "Yeah. Just look for the ray of sunshine among the crowds, and that'll be her."

   "Right..."

   They finally had to resort to tickling Blue's ribs to get her up. "Haha -- Immup, hahaha, immup!" Blue slurred, laughing.

    "Good, now hurry, because we'll be the last!" Feather said in a normal voice.

   The trio hurried out, pulling their cauldrons (That had wheels, thanks to a man named Wally). When they entered the threshold of Maelstrom again, there were new signs. 'PUT YOUR SUPPLIES BACK IN YOUR DORMS. HEAD TO THE CIBUS HALL.' They rushed to put their things away and tele-tiled back to the the foyer of the school. "Well, they're voices coming from over there," Blue pointed down one corridor. Feather shrugged and started down it. Care and Blue followed. 

   They went through a set of tall double doors. They opened to a massive hall, stuffed with people. Children wearing all colors were sitting in rows and rows of seats. The trio sat in a back row. Adults (Assumed to be teachers) were sitting on a sort of stage in front of the rows, talking amongst themselves. December was situated in the center of the stage, looking very content. He looked towards the thick double doors like he was expecting someone. As if on cue, a group of third years burst through the door. Care, Blue and Feather turned in their seats. "My sis is a third year. She's twelve, but she's really tall. You wouldn't need her height to see her, anyways." Care said. Blue could see little flashes of a very vivid purple amongst the crowd of normal colors.

   The crowd thinned as the third years went to get seats. And now everyone could clearly see the source of the purple. A tall, slender girl with the same build as Care was dressed in head-to-toe shades of the brightest purple and yellow. She was looking around the Cibus Hall for someone, and when she caught sight of Care, her heart-shaped face lit up. Blue could easily see that Care's sister's slender stance was about the only thing they had in common. The girl didn't have Care's sharp, angular face or cat-like blue eyes. And she most definitely did not have Care's sheet of shimmering fire-hair. As she walked over to where the three were sitting, Blue could see she had round, warm eyes and a crooked smile, and a short, pointed nose and blonde hair that was very curly and cut in different layers all around her head to her shoulders. 

   "Kay-Kay! Osh shosh k'bosh, finally! I've been waiting all summer to see you!" Care's sister exclaimed. "Look! That ability enrichment camp I went to over the summer was amazing. Look what I can do now!" She look a pencil out of her pocket, and without even looking at it, turned it into different types of chocolate. It was in thirds of milk, dark, and white. She did this to two others, and gave them to Blue and Feather. "One for my only hope and care in the world, and one to..." She looked at Feather. He watched her for a split second, and apparently made up his mind her could trust her with his name. "Feather," he said. She continued. "...One to Feather, and one to the girl who looks strikingly like our late Empress." Before Blue could say anything, Care's older sister bent down and kissed her hand. Blue was a bit startled. "Hah, I've always wanted to do that to someone..." Care's sister noted to herself. "Who's name is?" She asked, once she got back on track.

   "Blue. And, in the day that I've been here, I've gotten quite a bit of attention because I look like the Empress." Blue said, looking sidelong at Feather and Care.