Chapter 2 - Damned Fate

Neveah

"Pathetic."

I grunted from the floor, swallowing the blood that accumulated in my mouth.

"Why does he insist we spend time with her." Jane spat. Her brother watched on, amusement across his face.

"Well, I wouldn't really call it spent time." Alec reached down, grabbing a fistful of my hair, ignoring my grunt. "More like... recreational torture?" He smirked at my glare, tossing me across the floor. I fought up to my feet.

"Lets try this again," Alec extended his arms, black clouds swirling around on his command.

I snarled, lifting my arms up in retaliation.

The black clouds surged towards me, I warped them as much as I could. They screeched and screamed in protest, beating hard at the invisible barriers that trapped them. I tried to press them together, the way that Felix had suggested, to turn them into a solid by withdrawing all their energy and therefore reducing it to nothing.

Slowly, it began to shrink. Alec's smirk disappeared and he pressed harder. The force against my arms was unbearable yet I stood firm.

Like the silent night air, a strange sensation began to fill my body. At first a dull ache, and then, full torture. I let my arms loose, screaming in pain as the black clouds enveloped me, wriggling into my mouth, ears, nose and corners of my eyes. I could still feel the pain yet I was robbed of all my senses and the pit-falling sensation filled me up.

~~~

"...what on earth were you thinking?" The voice cut through the silence of my sleep.

"Aro instructed us—"

"Aro instructed you to train her, not torture her. What type of training is this?" The voice spat. I tried to open my eyes, my vision was bleary and I could barely make out anything.

"It made her work harder."

"You almost broke her! What the fuck did you think would happen? That she would suddenly materialise infinite power and defeat you all? You're supposed to start small!" I stared in disbelief. Caius stood in the centre of the room, towering over Jane and Alec. "Get out, the both of you."

Alec and Jane left swiftly, slamming the door shut behind them. Silence followed, before Caius turned around realising I was awake.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked in his usual icy voice. He turned away, grabbing something up from a table. "What? Too special to talk back to me? Hmm?"

Caius' footsteps echoed through the chamber.

I backed away, scared of what he would do next, until my back hit a wall. He stopped a couple inches away from my feet before crouching down, one knee pressed down across my thighs, the other supporting his elbow.

"Drink." Caius held up the goblet, I could smell the sweet human blood emanating from the cup.

"I don't drink—"

Caius seized the chance, forcing the metal rim to my open lips and tipping the goblet. I choked, trying to turn away, blood spilt down the side of my cheek.

"Spit it out, and I will see to it that you're punished." Caius threatened. He was too close, his head bent down so that he could look into my eyes.

I forced myself to swallow before turning to face him.

"You know that I don't drink human blo—"

The cup was pushed up against my lips again, this time, Caius fixed his hand around my neck so that I couldn't move away. My legs struggled futilely against his knee.