Chapter 25 - Recovery

Hi all, to any harry potter fans or fantastic beasts and where to find them fans, I've started a new book series based in it called "The Critters of Hogwarts" pls go check it out, lemme know what u think and if u have any comments. These will be the last couple chapters for Midnight moon and then I'll take a lil break  before starting book 3. Hope you enjoy! Back to the story...

Seth

I avoided Amy at school. 

Each time I neared her in the corridor, I turned the other direction and waited until she left. By the time the final bell rang I was exhausted and felt more miserable than when the day had started.

Leah came to pick me up in her car. We didn't speak a word and I fell into a trance staring out the window. It was only when she pulled to a stop in front of the Cullen's home that I realised something was going on.

"Why are we here?" I asked her

"Don't look at me, Carlisle wanted you over. He told me you already said yes." responded Leah, she gestured for me to get out of the car, "Go on, I'm meeting my friends later, I can't stay here all day."

I shut the car door behind me and walked up to the front porch where Rosalie waited unenthusiastically.

"Don't ask me, why you're here, you'll find out soon enough. Oh, and don't try running away, I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, Emmett will catch you."

I ignored her comments and followed her to the living room where the rest of the Cullens stood solemnly around. Only one person was seated, a dark skinned man with curling hair, his back turned towards me.

"Did you really have to be so rude to Seth?" asked Esme disapprovingly at Rosalie. 

"What? I didn't say anything mean!" she snapped back.

In front of me, the seated man shuddered and tensed up.

"Seth," said Carlisle, "It's good to have you here."

"Is that... Tristan?" I asked feeling my heartbeat start to quicken as I remembered the last time I had encountered him.

Carlisle watched me intently.

"The rest of you, except Jasper and Esme, please leave. Emmett, stand guard at the door." he instructed

"So you just want me gone." spat Rosalie,

"Don't make this difficult."

The cullens obeyed and Carlisle gestured for me to approach him. I shook my head desperately, 

"N...no...please." I shuddered, the panic was seeping in again. I was remembering the past moment too well.

A warmth sprouted from my core seeming to smooth over my emotions. I looked up to see Jasper, stoic faced. He was helping me.

Slowly, I made my way over to Carlisle who guided me into a seat. I took my time before looking up to meet a pair of ruby red eyes on a sculpted face so beautiful it looked as though it was carved out of marble. Its mouth opened revealing a set of perfect white teeth, I closed my eyes preparing for whatever sound was about to be released when a melodic voice spoke.

"Hello, Seth."