Chapter one

Disclaimer
Hey guys, I just took Jughead's birthday scene and changed it making it to where this story starts.

It was Jughead's 17th birthday.

For the last few years, on Jughead's birthday, he and Archie would go to the Bijou for a double-feature, it became their tradition. However, since he had a girlfriend this year, Archie thought it should be Betty who accompanied him to the movies. Betty agreed, but at the same time she insisted that Archie and FP join them. Unfortunately, both Archie and FP declined the offer.

FP explained when Betty called him that the one thing Jughead liked less than surprises was his birthday, and that he had never even had a birthday party, which spawned Betty's idea to throw Jughead a surprise party. Veronica and Kevin were immediately on board, deciding from the start that the party would consist of the inner-circle only, and that the party would take place at Archie's house upon his agreement. After visiting FP in person Betty was ultimately able to convince him to attend.

And surprise!
The following night, as he was putting up party decorations, Archie received a call from his father about his mother and their divorce that left him upset and he started drinking.
Later, Veronica arrived, also upset as well as she had just come from her father's lawyer's office where she had received a thinly-veiled threat from her dad.

Just then, Archie, Veronica, Kevin, Joaquin and Ethel surprised Jughead as he returned home from the double-feature with Betty. Regrettably, Jughead was less than thrilled about his party. However, this did not stop the party from commencing as Betty slipped away to bring out Jughead's hamburger-shaped cake from the kitchen. She sang him 'happy birthday' and told him to make a wish; he wished it were just the two of them.

Archie and Veronica stepped away and commiserated with one another before being interrupted by Jughead, clearly not happy about the party.

"Hey Vee, are you okay?" Betty got worried seeing her best friend's face.
She wasn't and she was mad at Archie for some reason.

"I'm just not in a party mood, Betty." Veronica heavily sigh leaving going somewhere.
"Makes two of us." Jughead bluntly said finally telling Betty how he didn't want to have some party but just being the two of themselves.

Just when Jughead thought the night could not get any worse, the doorbell rang and the entire school was at the front door, led by Cheryl and Chuck, all ready to party and despite knowing Jughead was upset, Archie let them enter. As expected, Jughead quickly grew tired of the party atmosphere and slipped away to the garage where he stayed with Vegas, the Andrews' pet dog. Archie came to find him and Jughead confronted him as to how the party came to occur, as Archie knew he hated his birthday. Archie explained that he just went along with Betty's idea, and as she was Jughead's girlfriend, he would have a party whether he wanted one or not. They were interrupted as FP arrived, gift in hand, to celebrate with his son and revealed to a confused Jughead that Betty had called him.

"Did Betty call you?" Jughead asked his dad before he left. "Yes she did, she did good boy." Fp said before leaving.

Meanwhile
Betty decides to confronts Chuck and asked him to leave, however, he was angry as his suspension had destroyed any chance he had of playing football for a good school. Sarcastically, Betty apologized that sexual harassment had actual consequences for him.

"That night I saw the real you. The dark you. The Betty that I actually think about every night when I'm laying in bed-" Betty then slaps Chuck and she storms off.
"Well that was hot." He cried with a laugh.

The party went on, everyone dancing and hooking up... alot of hooks up.

Jughead was exhausted with all this party going on and he was angry with Betty, throwing a party even knowing that he didn't like it. Jughead carried his dad's gift with him and headed upstairs trying to find an empty room since all the rooms were occupied with hormonal teenagers.

He finally got to the last room in which he opened only to find a raven haired girl sitting on bed crying and at that moment when she heard him open the door, she rubbed off her tears.

But it was too late, he'd already seen her but he didn't care. They weren't close and he was also having too much drama already.
Before he closed the door, Veronica stopped him and invited him in.
" It's okay, your probably busy doing you." Jughead speaks but Vee insisted for him to stay.
"Infact where would you go, Jug you don't have to avoid me just make yourself comfortable infact it's all I can do for you since it's your birthday."

"Fine." Jughead closed the door behind him straddling towards the bed and throwing himself on it as Veronica just sat at the edge of the bed.

"So why are you here?" Veronica broke the awkward silence that had been looming in the room.
"And why are you here... crying?" Jughead repeats with a jaded voice.

"I see, you don't want to talk about it." "Veronica can't I just rest, I just wanted to avoid everyone and just be alone." Jug cried knowing it was impossible thing to ask Vee.

"Fine but I don't get why you hate birthdays so much." Veronica continued "Betty, did something good for you and you just--" " -It's none of your business Vee!" By this Jug angrily sat up and spoke making Vee silent and a bit scared. He has never seen Jughead get so mad and shout at her.

Seeing Veronica's reaction made him realise he had crossed the line. He didn't like Vee but it wasn't nice shouting at her.
"I think I should go-" Veronica stood feeling hurt and reaching for her purse when Jug stopped her clasping her hand.
"I'm sorry... and please don't go." This time his voice became slow.

"I insist." Jug continued making Vee sit back down now smiling. "Did you really think that I would leave so easily." Vee laughed making Jug frown.

"You're really...-" "-something?" Veronica grinned as Jug just rolled his eyes at her.
"I was gonna get more wine but I think I carried one... We can share." Veronica said positively pouring a glass of wine.

Jughead was amazed by how Veronica acted, all hippy and happy even after catching her cry. Some part of him became curious as to why she'd been acting all sad and angry.

"Hey, for what is worth, I have to thank B, I got to spend some time with Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield." Vee takes a large sip on her glass.
"You and your literal words." Jughead some how managed to smile while looking at her.
"See, I finally made you smile." Veronica smiled back giving him a nudge. "Well I just admire how you always use literal words in your sentences... It's mesmerising." Jughead confessed wondering how he managed to say that out loud. Was there truth serum in their drinks?

"That's a first compliment I'll always remember coming from you." Veronica cheers to that.

"Well I think I'd also say, your the only thing that makes sense in all these Riverdale and I admire to have you around... With Betty and ooh no.!" She suddenly stopped searching for something on the ground.

"What?..what's wrong?" Jughead asked confused. "I think this was... the same drink Betty and I used on Chuck, how would I have forgotten?"
Just then it hit him and realised that Veronica used the drink that had truth serum and that's why he was suddenly being open to her.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know." Veronica started crying and her face was then red, she had drunk most of it.

"I knew I shouldn't have drunk it, your not to be trusted... Are you trying to get something out of me!" Jug cried angrily thinking the drink was now taking a toll on them and it was working.

"I'm sorry, I think Archie is cheating on me!" Veronica blurted it out.