CHAPTER ELEVEN

Veronica's p.o.v

Well it seems things don't always go easy for me. I had to walk home yesterday, alone after somebody's father refused to offer me a ride.

"I didn't know Jughead's family would hate us so much, mom did we wrong then that much?" I sat confiding with my mother as we had breakfast.
"Mija, that is between him and your father, I told you not to get involved." Hermione fumed.

"But mom, his son is a friend of mine. I don't see why I shouldn't get involved." I spoke as she poured some juice in her glass not measuring the weight of the words that came out from my mouth.

I was shocked when my mother angrily hit the table, I had never seen my mother this mad.
"Mom." I was scared, frightened and shaking. Was it that bad just being friends with the Jones?

"Veronica, darling." She kindly said like she was not about to turn the dinning upside down. Hermione slowly reached for my hand caressing it.

" Mija, I think it's best if you stay out of any Jone's hair...it's not going to look good for them...in fact they hate us and will just use you to get to your father."

I did understand why the serpents were against my father, he was evil and a manipulator but why would my mom also hate them, she wasn't that kind of person. Hermione was the kindest soul she knew.

Maybe her dad threatened or corrupted her. I love her and if dad did anything to her, he is going to pay.

"I understand in fact we are more like frenemies." I lied as I stood and started walking towards the door.

"Mija, next week is Pickens day, I'll be late since I have a meeting to attend." She called out.
"Why?" I asked curiously
"Well I'm presenting tomorrow and I expect no trouble, okay?" She smiled at me giving me a kiss.

"Love you too mom." I said before I left closing the door behind me.

________________________

Jughead was printing some documents about the truth about Pickens day, it was the day to honour the founding father, general August Pickens but it wasn't enough, his oral history report was close to being due.

Jughead couldn't stop feeling guilty for it- the way his dad came and reacted towards him and Veronica hanging out and he even refused to offer her a ride home. He was a jerk, sometimes he wondered if he was just like him. He recently started smoking secretly and it was satisfying.

Betty didn't know anything about it, she didn't know many things about him since he was secretive lately but that was gonna change, he was gonna be honest with her.

"Hey, I've missed you." Betty's sweet voice echoed behind me snapping me from my thoughts. I turned only to look surprised maybe even aroused by her provocative way of dressing, but he managed to keep his cool.

"Wow your early." I couldn't take my eyes away, I was smitten but it was not like Betty, to look this sexy.

"Betty ...did something happen, is this about your dark side...maybe we should just go wait for others.." I stutter, I knew what she was Upto and it was not a place for it. I wasn't that kind of person.

Betty strongly pushed me by chest making me lean on our office desk, stealing a quick kiss and wrapping her arms around my neck.
End of pov

"Uhm ...Betty, we are in the open. Anyone might just come in, we should consider."

"Well we should make sure we don't get caught." Betty said seductively

  As much as he didn't want to, he was a man and Jughead just couldn't resist her not after not having sex for weeks. He had to so he made sure no one was around.