CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It was after cheer practice when Veronica decided to remain behind and have a one on one talk to Cheryl.

Things have been weird this morning. Betty has been avoiding Veronica and did not talk to her about anything. It was obviously the rumour that was going around

"Hey Cheryl." Veronica appeared slowly behind Cheryl as she smiled sheepishly.

"Veronica Lodge...and to what do I owe the pleasure." Cheryl stood upright after finishing changing to her clothes.

"Ooh please, I bet you know why I'm here just like you think you know everything about me." Veronica answered with sarcasm.

"You know Vee, I think you and I would make really good friends...we are so much alike." Cheryl grinned. Veronica wished she would just choke her sometimes.

"We are nothing alike Cheryl...we are never gonna be the same."

"Well I guess you're right....we could be the same but....I would never kiss my best friend's boyfriend and say nothing about it." She chuckled in disbelief.

"Wow, I admire your game Vee but Jughead Jones out of all people."

"That's not funny Cheryl, we did kiss but it was a mistake!" Veronica cried

"Not my problem, maybe you should tell your best friend right now, my dear cousin." She then pointed behind Veronica who quickly turned to see her best friend Betty.

"Betty!?" Veronica's chest feels tight. Her lips are dry as hell. She has no idea what to say next. Yeah she was caught more like set up by Cheryl.

"I can't believe this." Betty angrily stormed off outside the locker room. Cheryl was just pleased with herself for ruining their friendship. Veronica decided to ran after her friend.

She chased after Betty and stopped infront of her. They were in the middle of the corridor and everyone was watching.
"Bee, please...let's talk somewhere else." Veronica lowly cries but Betty just didn't give a fuck. How could she not know, all this time she was making a fool out of her.

"Why, you scared people will know your true colours. I can't believe you...kissed my boyfriend, vee."

"Betty, its not what you think." She cried

"Really, then its just coincidental that you happen to kiss him?" Betty's eyes bulged out in anger.

"Let me explain.....it was a mistake Bee."

"How could you do this to me, Vee! I thought I was your best friend." Betty yelled, taking her best friend by surprise. Wasn't she clear in her explanation?

"Why am I the only one blamed, we both kissed! It was just a moment and I never lied to you, I just didn't say anything." The raven haired one explained, trying to be clear enough. She never lied to her.

"Stop lying to save your own ass. Jughead wouldn't do something like that. But you... Of course you would do this." Betty was clearly mad.

"You obviously seduced him."

"Wait, wait... You think I tried kissing Jug purposely? I mean why would you...think that?" The she said, wanting Betty to understand the situation.

"Well that's because you're a slut!" Betty greeted her teeth in anger, Cameras snapped and people gasped and chatted in awe. She gawked at her, bringing her hand to her quickly reddening cheek.

Jughead was about to head to his next class when he saw the commotion. He squeezed through when...he saw Betty being slapped by Veronica. Her hand froze in mid-air, just past his now-burning face. In slow motion, or so it seemed, she brought both hands to her mouth. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!"