Chapter 1: Dream

Chapter 1:
Dream

Please note that this story of mine is fictional

Please note that this story of mine is fictional. It has the language of Tagalog and some culture of the Philippines but the place and the school isn't based on a real city or university in the country. And also please note that it doesn't follow the Philippine's school system. My story, my rules.

                          —Freya

“Freya, you're gonna be late!”

I rolled my eyes and groaned at the way Isaiah screamed. Alam kong sinigaw lang niya iyon para inisin ako at narinig ko siyang tumawa nang tumakbo na.

Humanda ka sa 'kin mamaya...

I hurriedly tie the laces of my shoes before running downstairs. I can't believe I'm gonna be late for the first day of my last senior high school year.

Right. The next year after this, college na ako. College na kami.

It all felt surreal to me. But while high school lasts in this time of ours, I'm going to make the best of it.

Habang iniisip iyon ay napabilis ako ng takbo. There's no way I'm gonna get Isaiah ahead of me. But because I'm wearing a skirt and he's wearing pants, mas madali lang sa kanya na tumakbo ng mabilis.

Instead of taking the car that would take us to school, we didn't have driver's license yet so we opt for our bicycles instead.

Besides, there's no fun in a race where the other drives for you. And of course, for safety, sinuot ko muna ang biker's helmet ko bago sumakay.

Kahit na ang aga pa ay pinagpawisan agad kami. I saw Isaiah getting ahead of me while we're biking up on a hill.

My bag was on my back and my ID around my neck. I didn't mind the wind that blows my hair as I look around the surroundings.

The green forest scenery made my morning serene and peaceful. This is our everyday sight before going to school and... I inhale the breeze of air as we cleared the forest trees and smell the scent of the ocean.

Immediately, I was greeted by the sight of it. It's crystal clear blue waters made me want dive in it but school is just ahead the cliff.

That's right. Our school is literally by the ocean. But, I know that when we get to college, the whole campus that we get used to will change. Instead of the sea or the trees, the college campus is surrounded by the city scape. Where the tall buildings are.

I smiled the moment I was already beside Isaiah. And I saw him frown, pedalling faster.

But I don't want to lose. Especially to him, to my first rival– my twin brother. And that's one of the reason why we always compete with each other. It's not like we want to. It's in our nature.