Chapter 7: Confession

Chapter 7:
Confession

Rhea

The holidays almost ended and nothing happened from it much. The Varquez twins were sent to the city with their parents to celebrate but Freya just told me in text that it was all dull and boring.

They don't eat together and she has no excitement to open up the many gifts under the Christmas tree so pinamigay nalang niya.

I wish I had the luxury to do that. But, I don't.

“Isaiah was holed up inside his room all night. At parang ako lang ang nag iisang tao sa bahay. I knew they were going to be busy with work even if it's the holidays... Sana hindi nalang kami pumunta dito. I can arrange a party in the province and it would have been fun...”

I smile at that while listening to her grumble in the phone. “Well, my holidays are not that eventful, too. Kaz is also in the city. Pinapunta siya ng papa niya.”

“Really? Ni wala man lang paramdam. I'll text him, hold on.”

“Happy holidays, Freya...” sabi ko before i-end ang call.

“Happy holidays, too, Rhea! I sent you a gift. I hope you like it.”

“Thank you for the gift, Freya. I'm sorry I can't give you one.”

“Wala lang 'yun no! Ano ka ba...”

Our call ended and I look down at the gifts I have received from her. She just said it's a gift? Why is it two? Or maybe there was a mistake in the parcel delivery? But, no. It has my name on it...

The one was wrapped in white while the other was wrapped in blue.

Binuksan ko muna ang may kulay puti na regalo at napangiti ng nakita ang isang libro sa loob. When I opened the other gift—which is the color blue, I blinked at the rough sketch of me on it. There was no signature or name as to who sketched it.

Baka pinagawa lang 'to ni Freya... That's what I concluded pagkatapos ito niligpit.

“Rhea, bumaba ka na dito! Sabay tayong kakain.” tawag sa 'kin ni mama mula sa baba.

“Po!” sabi ko at nagmamadaling pumunta sa may dining room. Our table wasn't that large or long and it's just a square one but it was full of different kinds of foods and drinks for the Noche Buena.

Our family dined together and I was grateful for that small gift. Na kahit hindi man ganoon karami ang aming handaan ay sabay-sabay pa rin kaming kumain.

It was a simple celebration with my family and I'm thankful that we get to celebrate it together. Other people don't have the same situation as I am. Others just spent it all alone.

Soon enough and after a week, we enter into a new year which will be unforgettable, I'm sure.

In the province, it's not that loud or hindi gaano ka ingay ang aming mga kapit bahay sa videoke dahil siguro tulog na sila. And there are less fireworks in the sky but nonetheless I liked the calm and serene atmosphere.

Maybe in the city, it's more louder there. With all the lights and the music from literally everywhere. I went there once and it's being in like a different foreign country. The difference is we spoke the same language.

With tall buildings and modernized structures, I realized I prefer living in the province than being in such a crowded and populated place.

Nang natapos na ang holidays ay balik skwela na naman. But instead of being sad, I looked forward to it. Because it means, they are coming home now. Kaz, Freya, and Isaiah... I might not hate being in the province but I missed them and their usual loudness.