Chapter 8: The Night Under The Starry Skies

Chapter 8:
   The Night Under the Starry Skies             

Isaiah

“Isaiah, will you be my date in the upcoming grad ball?” tanong ng babae sa 'kin at umiling lang ako.

“Sorry. I can't be your date.” I haven't count how many times I have rejected someone else's offer to be their date today.

She looks hurt and confused. “Huh? Pero bakit? Do you already have a date? Balita ko naman, wala pa ah.”

I didn't offer her an answer. Not that I like to but she's being polite so might as well act nice. I faked a smile at her as I politely rejected her.

This will be our last prom this year. And it's intended for the 12th year. I vaguely even remember our JS prom when we were in 9th grade. Although I remembered that we didn't even attend. Freya and I. Our parents didn't allow us to. Saying it's a complete waste of time and we should just study instead.

But, since, wala muna sila dito ay nasa amin na ang desisyon na sumali sa Prom Night ng mga senior high school students. It was offered to us by the school since this is our last year anyway.

Pwede namang sumali sa prom kahit walang date. I even heard that Freya doesn't even have one. Then why should I? Well, I saw many boys asking her out to be their date, but she refused them all.

And I didn't want to be such a loser and rejected those girls, too. To show that I'm experiencing the same thing as her and many people wants me to be their date.

The day of the grad ball finally came. Freya and I diligently prepared for it.

Nag-ayos ako ng mukha sa loob ng bathroom. It's not like meron pang aayusin dito. I saw my reflection and seemed satisfied after that.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. “Isaiah, ang tagal mo na diyan!” singhal ni Freya.

I try not to roll my eyes as I carefully brush my hair. “Just a second, sis!”

“Almost two hours ka na sa CR ah! Mas matagal ka pa atang mag ayos kaysa babae.”

I frown at that. Did time passed that by quickly? I snorted and ignores her. May own bathroom naman siya sa kwarto niya at pati na din sa 'kin pero mas gusto ko dito sa main CR ng bahay dahil mas malaki at mas maganda.

“Kung hindi ka pa lalabas diyan, sisirain ko 'tong pintuan...” she warns that made me sigh.

*Fine...*

“Ano ba? Happy?” I asked sarcastically the moment I opened the door for her.

She pointed outside. “Get out.”

Rolling my eyes once again, umalis na ako at hindi na nag tagal pa. I heard she shut the door before doing whatever her business is inside.

Pumunta na ako sa kwarto at isinuot ang nakahandang white tuxedo suit para sa prom. I smile at my reflection once again as I fixed the blue neck tie that matches the color of my eyes.

White and blue is definitely my color palette.

After spraying some perfume ay lumabas na ako sa kwarto, I smelled and looked exactly like those prince charmings in the fairytales.

Napahinto ako at tumingin sa may taas ng hagdanan para hintayin si Freya. She's clearly taking her time more...

“Freya, hurry up. We're gonna be late!”

“I'm coming, you idiot! Wait for me.” I heard her first before I saw my sister.

She's wearing a midnight blue dress that sparkles in the light and in the dark. It greatly compliments her pale skin. Some sapphire jewels adorned her hair into a crown braid style. Freya is even wearing a full make up today but not too much. Still, she's stunning. As do I.