Chapter 4: Spotlight

Chapter 4:

Spotlight

-Isaiah-

Everyone is talking about having dreams and achieving them. But no one ever talks about having no dreams and getting lost in the way of life.

Little did Freya know, I have no dreams of my own.

It felt like I was just there to follow what people wanted me to do. Smile, laugh, and being good at everything is not easy as it seems to be.

Everyone has a misfortune of their own and this is mine.

Sometimes, I envy those people who are so sure of their dreams. People like Rhea and Kaz. I have seen and observed it from them.

How can someone find their path so easily? How did they know it's the right one?

Siguro, alam na nila nung bata pa sila o siguro, namulat sila sa realidad.

I never find my passion in anything. Sure, I play volleyball but it's only for the rewards and trophies I would get. Best Setter award, Best Server in High School award, and some other more awards.

Kahit na hobby ko ang pag drawing ay hindi ko pa rin ito naging passion. Dahil para sa 'kin wala akong mararating sa pag drawing lang.

In order to achieved the extraordinary, then you would have to do the most extraordinary things. And for me, that's all that will matter in the end.

I look at the crowd and smile at the attention I'm receiving. I'm already used to all of this- the cheers, the screams of my name, and the spotlight. It makes me even more determined than before.

I can't afford to lose now. I'm gonna win... no matter what. I can't be eliminated sa preliminary round pa lang.

Napatingin ako kay Kaz na nasa kabilang court. I don't really see him as my rival, unlike Freya. Because Kaz, is not just on my level. Although our team are equally strong, I'm still confident in our victory.

But there is no fight that is a sure win.

At the sound of the whistle, the game begins and I get to serve first. I stood at the server line and look at the other side of the court before taking a deep breath.

I throw the ball up in the air and keep my eyes on it as I jumped high, hitting it with all my might.

The crowd cheer as it was in and I smile in satisfaction. I've been practicing my serves these past few days and being able to perfectly do it in the actual game is such a good feeling.