Chapter 3: Shadow

Chapter 3:                          Shadow

-Rhea-

-Rhea-

It's never too late to have and start a dream...

When I was a child, my dreams were inconsistent. Sometimes, gusto ko maging doctor or nurse. O di kaya ay maging abogado o teacher.

But as times passed, I realized I didn't want to become any one of those. Facing reality crushed those silly dreams of mine. I have never been so sure of it my entire life. My indecisive self was even surprised.

Writing became my hobby and I gradually want to improve that skill. So, all I did in my spare time is to practice and practice.

I wrote in a piece of paper and pick up a rolled one with a word written on it.

Napahinto ako sa nabasa at napulot kong random word— love.

I was supposed to write something about it but all I did was to stare at the blank page. For the first time, I didn't know what to write.

Ever since before, I never really know why people fell in love. Is it because we're humans who simply crave the affection and company of someone?

Is it because loving someone and being loved by that same person some kind of accomplishment that will fulfill your life and destiny? It all sounds cliche to me.

Even if I don't want to fall in love or to even like someone this way... I failed miserably at it. It's even more worst when it's with Freya's twin brother, Isaiah. Who constantly bullied me since we were kids.

When I was a kid, I have always been scrawny-l, pale, frail-looking, and has a long hair with bangs that make me look like a ghost. Or what they call Sadako who comes out crawling from the TV. I was often teased by kids with that.

That's why I hate looking at the mirror everytime I saw my reflection.

Madali lang ako magkasakit dahil sa hina ng resistensiya. Pero kahit na ganon ay gusto ko pa rin maglaro ng volleyball. Even when my parents don't think I should.

It's nothing too serious. It's not like I play volleyball because I was passionate about it— like Freya. It's not like I play volleyball because it's fun— like what Kaz seems to think so. And it's not like I play volleyball because I want to have the feeling of success— like what Isaiah feels.