Ch | III

(Writing while listening to music that has the same concept>>> okay but now things are speeding up...and when I mean speed up I mean you better put on a mfing seatbelt on)

Shuichi woke up, yet again Kokichi was there right next to him: peeling an apple with a perry knife and plating them.

"Did I do something dumb again?"

"It just seemed you passed out."

"Shouldn't I go to the nurse?"

"You weren't out for long, only 5 minutes."

"Still, I'm starting to get worried."

"Whatever happeneds I'll be here, you can depend on him Shuichi."

"I'm sure I can...Ah, my spare key!"

"No no, stay in bed. You must be dizzy right?"

"A bit, but I can still walk perfectly fine!"

"...Okay, I'll help you walk there though."

Kokichi stood up and help Shuichi get off the the bed, lending a shoulder for him to lean on. After struggling for a moment they start to make their way to the office, when they made it outside the dorm a group of students were knocking on Dorm 144.

Shuichi's dorm.

They noticed the pair and immediately went to Shuichi with worried looks.

"Shuichi! It's been a week since we last saw you! Did you get sick or something?"

"H-Huh? Well, it's a long story but I'm fine! I actually was with..."

Shuichi gestured to Kokichi who gave a soft smile and waved.

"Are these your friends Saihara?"

"Uh yeah! This is Kaede, Rantaro, Kaito and Maki. They're 3rd years."

"Oh they must be good friends considering that they checked up on you."

"And who might you be?"

Maki stepped in front of the group, getting between Shuichi and Kokichi. Kaito followed suit while Rantaro and Kaede tried to deescalate the situation.

"Oh me? I'm just a neighbor! A nice one that is."

Kokichi kept the same smile, though the ends of his mouth started twitching as though he was struggling to keep it that way.

"I was just helping Shuichi go get a spare key for his dorm as he was locked out."

"That's right! I accidentally lost my keys some days ago and there wasn't time to do so, until now!"

"Oh, you're always so clumsy Shuichi!"

Kaede giggled and patted Shuichi on the shoulder, trailing her fingers down his arms in a playful manner. Rantaro chuckled as the atmosphere got lighter.

"So that's it huh? Well lookes like we got defensive over nothing. Sorry about that uh, Kokichi right?"

"Mhm! Don't worry about it, Kaito."

"Let's hang out when we can, c'mon Maki roll we still have to go to that store before class starts."

"...Sure."

Maki kept her eyes of Kokichi for a moment longer as though she was analyzing him before following Kaito, Shuichi said his goodbyes when they left.

"So are you coming back to class?"

"Yup! I missed too many days, I also made Kokichi miss days."

"Oh don't feel bad! It was more important for your health to get better."